Thursday, November 1, 2007

Extraordinary Women ~ Saturday

I found my notes from the Saturday part of the Extraordinary Women's Conference.

I must say one of the most notable part for me is... I bought some jewelery from Kim Dorr, who was selling Just Jewelry. I noticed as I pulled the goodies out of the bag at home, that I didn't have a receipt... I remember signing a receipt... oh wait... I only remember signing 1 receipt... I bought 2 things. I found a necklace... (bottom left hand circle necklace) she rung up it... then my tall, map reading friend, Amber found CLIP ON earrings to match (#571) COOL! Ring 'em up please! But I don't remember signing THAT receipt.. but I've got the earrings. Praise the Lord -- here is a business card with the jewelry. I think they still have my receipts and my VISA card. Eeekkk!!! So I shoot off an e-mail to Ms. I've got a Southern Accent to die for. (She was a cutie!!)

You know what??? She CALLED me!!! All the way from tim-buck-too... well... Virginia really. Wowzie Bowzie!! She DID have my stuff... and she put it in a baggie and gave it to security because she had a plane to catch. She really did try to get the E-Women to announce it over the loud speaker... well -- it wasn't as dramatic or bloody as the lady who broke her femur on the drive home Friday night... so I didn't make the list apparently. No announcement... and she had to leave feeling very funny about leaving my VISA card with security.

Make a long story short -- I think I want to sell Just Jewelry -- and my VISA card is in the mail.

Besides the cute jewelry, I got some great information too!

I think Elizabeth George is my new favorite author right now. (I just typed Elizabeth Elliot -- any one else mix those 2 up?) OK -- she is cute TOO! What she had to say really struck home with me. Faith Is Not A Feeling! Oh yeah... riiiiiight! I'm always on such an emotional roller coaster -- it's not even fun any more.

She mentioned a book she wrote that explains what she did to get a handle on her depression. (She used that "d" word, not me.) I thought... THIS godly woman had D.E.P.R.E.S.S.I.O.N. So... maybe I'm not such a kook... although I play one on TV.

She told us a story how she learned how to pray with the authority of scripture. Sounds like a great idea.

Romans 8:28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


So what can we trust God for?

1. Our #1 problem that day.
2. The good things in life.
3. The bad things.
4. The large things.
5. The small things.
6. The people in our lives.
7. All things.

Well -- I was going to go on and on and blah, blah, blah about her speaking... but here comes Wayne with a soggy, 1/2 off diaper and he needs help. So I'd better take a break here.

Just know that I believe she is a woman of God, and he used her to speak to me on Saturday. I mentioned that in a testimony in church Sunday Night... and afterwards a friend told me, "You should check out our church library." Oh -- I found some goodies... not a pretty as my necklace, but probably worth a lot more. I found Elizabeth George's book, Loving God With All Your Mind, plus the workbook to go with it. Praise God!!

So -- I'll go change Wayne's Diaper... then read through another chapter... pray for me while I'm going through that book. I've heard more than 1 lady say, "That book changed my life." I'd take some life changing about now!

2 comments:

  1. I went to a conference last year with Elizabeth George as the speaker. I had read one of her books before but I don't think I took in as much as I should have at that point! The conference was so good for me. I need to pick up those books again. I bought one for Roy and he loved it ... the one that her husband wrote for men. And each of my children got one too. I'm sold on EG..she's very real and speaks right to the heart! I'm so glad you enjoyed her as much as I did. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She IS very real... she mentioned a lady who came bouncing down the stairs, and just ripped into her and then walked off and E.G. said, "God could have made her fall down the stairs." LOL!! That was hilarious... but then she said, "Oh no he wouldn't have... but I would have."

    Sounds like something I would say.. she is very normal!! But godly! I want to be normal, but GODLY!! Ü

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!