Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Living Windows

Recently the girls and I, oh, and the baby, went to the Living Windows Display uptown. I brought along my camera. I decided to play around with it a bit... it's still new to me ya know... so I did a little experimenting. I took all of these photos with the color accent feature, using the color red. I chose the color red from a bright red truck parked up town -- it looked like the Christmas Red.

You can always tell Christmas is getting close when you can hear the Salvation Arm bells a ringing! Tis the Season! What a smart man -- he has a hat on AND ear warmers...

The theme was Christmas and Nursery R
hymes. This is a photo of the little old lady who lived in a shoe, with so many children, she didn't know what to do... I was protesting -- she doesn't look like an old lady... in fact... she appears to be about my age... HEY! OK -- so the photo isn't so great... but if you could see my kiddos faces... they were probably this shade of red, because they were so embarrassed that I was protesting so loudly that there was NOT an old lady in that there window... but a young, lithe, fresh looking lady in there. She was NOT old! Got that?

This window was cute -- creative -- 3 little kittens, who lost their mittens... Using live kittens, well cats really, and there were only 2, but you know... it was C.U.T.E.! Better then the other store who chose the same theme, and used 2 teen agers with cat ears on -- and there were only 2... and they weren't little, and well, not so cute -- that window was sort of lame. But this one -- should have won a prize.

And the entire evening was to be wrapped up with Santa coming to the Town Square Gazeebo. Woo Hoo -- we heard him riding in on his sleigh... no wait.. his FIRE TRUCK? Yep -- my kiddos were so scared of the sirens they didn't care who was in the truck. We weren't getting any where near that Santa. So we just looked at this one.

Good enough for us!

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love commentors!!