Monday, November 5, 2007

One Tuesday Morning

I just finished reading my first Karen Kingsbury book. One Tuesday Morning.

I got to hear her speak recently and really enjoyed her time with us.

Here she is signing people's books on Saturday of Extraordinary Women's Conference. She was most gracious...

After hearing her I thought -- "Oh, I should read some of her books." Lucky for me, my local library has a few of her books. So -- now I'm done with the first one, I might say, "HOW COOL!" I love reading the little ditties she puts in the books, and hearing her as I'm reading them.




I've started the 2nd book of this series...
Beyond Tuesday Morning. I have found something interesting happening. In the first book... one of the main people is a lady - who is not saved... (until the then... just blew it for ya... sorry). Well -- in the 2nd book... she is saved right from the git go.. and I'm "hearing" Karen as I read Jamie. Funny huh? I didn't do that when Jamie was unsaved.

Look at what I'm doing -- talking about people in the book as if they were real. I think Karen did that too. Funny! I didn't cry during the first one though... so I'm not as bad as Karen... yet!

Well -- I really enjoyed the first book. I like how she writes. I DIDN'T guess at how it was going to end. I really thought the 2nd book was going to be about Eric and his wife getting back together. So I was surprised by the beginning of the 2nd book as well. Yippee... I don't like KNOWING how a book will be. If I KNOW then I think, "Well pffft... I could have written this." LOL (Yeah.. right!)

2 comments:

  1. I love Karen Kingsbury! She does not always give the typical happy ending!

    So, how does she sound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds normal -- not too high... not too low... normal. But she does some interesting pausing... really making sure you get her point. Or making you hang on -- but then we BUST A GUT laughing... because sometimes what you are thinking in your head is NOT what she says. She is F.U.N.N.Y.!!

    (But not annoying... like too much funny can be.)

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!