Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wrestling in Waukee

We got to go to a Pee Wee Wrestling Tournament in Waukee, IA, on Saturday. It was a tournament for beginners only. That is a neat idea. If you had wrestled in more than 10 matches, or 3 tournaments, you were not eligible. Milo is a beginner. Yep he is.... still is. LOL In fact -- he may just not be cut out to be a wrestler, but that is yet to be seen. He really likes to practice. He and his brother drag his dad out to practice twice a week. And to tournaments often on the week-ends.



This week-end Mansel got to be his warm up partner. Mansel loves wrestling. He is already asking about his first tournament. When can he wrestle? Huh? Huh? Huh??

Tori really enjoys wrestling tournaments. This is when she gets caught up on her free reading pile. A horse book of course.



Milo is a bundle of nerves here. I'm so glad he didn't wet himself. Those singlets just don't hide much... it would have been sort of obvious. He did fine. He came in 4th place (out of 4)... but he did FINE! Ü



Here is Wayne -- ever his supportive self. Actually -- he really was helping... helping me enjoy myself. He got cranky for just a bit, then fell asleep in my arms. Ahhh... slobbered a little on my arm, so I decided to lay him down on our coats. Isn't he a doll?? It may have been a result of us waking up at 5:30 a.m. It was nap time!!



I asked Milo what his favorite part of the day was... He replied, "You know Mom... the medal." Oh he is funny!! They don't care that they came in last place... oops... I mean 4th place. He gets a MEDAL!!! Cool. Ü Plus we made new friends this week-end. I'm going to send a mom a DVD of her son pinning my son. HA HA!! No really -- I am. It's all fun. Plus -- it was a beginners tournament... it was his FIRST EVER pin! Gotta have a memory of that!! Maybe some day another mom will do me a favor like that. When that happens... you bet I'll blog about it!!

You know what's fun about pee wee wrestling? In 10 or 11 years... we'll be seeing these kids at the Iowa High school State Wrestling Tournament. Now that will be FUN!
Here is an example



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I love watching wrestling. Zack did it for a couple of years but his heart just wasn't in it. It was a "filler" winter sport to keep in shape between Football and Track. I just told my husband the other day that we are going to have to make a point of going to a couple of the wrestling tournaments for Zack's classmates this year.
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni's already multi-tasking. Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you're having a bad day when you read "This week-end Mansel got to be his warm up partner" and think it said "This week-end Mansel got to beat up his warm up partner".

    Sounds like so much fun! But you should be careful now Jennifer. Pee Wee Wrestling is a lot like Pee Wee Beauty Pageants in that the mom's can get really obsessed and stuff. You don't need another thing to obsess over.

    Ante bellum!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!