Wednesday, October 31, 2007

~~ Fun at the Park ~~

My friend Ruth e-mailed and said, "Let's play"!! So we did. We live in Southern Iowa -- and it's October... can you believe this weather? It was a smidgen windy -- but if you ran around like a chicken with your head cut off -- you didn't notice much. I think Ruth and I, we noticed. LOL


I didn't tell my kiddos about the outing... just piled them into the van and said, "Let's go to the park." (I love surprises). The BEST part of this was my daughter Tori, just that morning, mentioned Faith, and I said, "Would you like to see her again sometime?" YES! ::giggle:: I'm so sneaky! Faith is a friend from our church in Chariton. We've recently changed churches so our home church will be close to our home. We hadn't seen them for several weeks... was it months? It must have been months, because Ruth mentioned how Tori was now taller than Faith. Wow -- how did that happen, and I didn't even notice? YIKES!! She'll probably be taller than I am soon... her feet are the same size as mine now -- but I've had 5 kiddos... they got bigger with each kid. Her feet are bigger than mine at her age. ::sigh:: She's growing up -- right under my nose -- too fast...



On the way home Dani said, "I still like Laura - she's my friend." Pretty profound statement for a 4 year old. ;) If you click on this photo you'll be able to see Dani's red mark. She was running with the merry-go-round until it got too fast, then her feet flew out from under her and she let go, then Mansel plowed right over her... because he was still merry-go-rounding... Happened pretty fast, Mansel said, "I didn't do it on purpose!" LOL Poor guy... he felt bad. She's a trooper... didn't cry too long. Got right back on. This time letting the big kids do the pushing!



Look how warm it was -- a lot of the kiddos were bare footed.


I told Dan later that Ruth had brought her WORLD FAMOUS Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. He knew immediately what I was talking about. Mansel was listening and he is a stickler for details, he said, "Those are World Famous?" No... you are right... I exaggerated a bit... they are only famous at our house... but boy are they G.O.O.D.!! There is pudding in the mix... makes them moist, and soft, and mushy, and chocolaty, and just plain delicious!! They COULD be world famous... if everyone read my blog and spread the word. °Ü°


What fun we had!! Fastest 2 hours I had in a long time. We must stop and do things like this more often. Thank you Lord for good friends!

1 comment:

  1. You aren't kidding about stopping and doing fun things every once in a while. Julia and I played hide-n-seek today when she got home from preschool. It was really fun and I heard a lot less whining when it was time for a nap. It put me in such a good mood I was able to talk with a friend on the phone, I don't always enjoy talking to her on the phone because she is usually having a rough day, but the Lord helped me be a good listener. Afterward, when I walked over some wipes, she was out, she said, "I feel so much better now that you let me vent". The Lord is so good.

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!