Monday, November 26, 2007

The Dinner

My mother knows me. She knows that my "luuuuv language" is gift giving -- or receiving... which ever. So -- she brought me this beautimus center piece for my Thanksgiving Dinner Table. I added in the oranges (pierced with cloves). Hmmm... it smelled delicious! Now -- to figure out how to store that beautifmus center piece intact for next year!

Here is the entire long table. There were 10 of us seated - and one high chaired. Like the red table cloth? Yep -- it's the only one I have that fits. Why am I not going to buy a new one? Because I KNOW I have an actual Thanksgiving Table cloth -- farm animals and all... somewhere. I'll find it -- as soon as I purchase a new one. So I'm not buying a new one -- but I'll keep on looking for the missing Thanksgiving one... that fits the long table. Notice there are no spoons. No one to blame but myself... I'm the one who set the table. Didn't notice until all the food had been served and some one needed one to eat... since they can't eat with forks with out stabbing themselves. (One of my children) I should have looked at this photo before eating, I guess. I noticed it right off today. LOL



Here we all are... why do we look like we are laughing? Because my camera can be set up to take several photos on my "self-timer" setting. I think this was photo #5... we were laughing -- when will it ever quit?? Finally my mom poked her head around George's head, and I think this is one where EVERYONE is in... if not totally -- but just barely. See 1/6 of Wayne, and about 1/8 of Dan. Mom's one eye. All of George, Mansel, Tori, Me, Dani, Milo, and my Dad.
That was before eating began, our meat is still under foil.

Fun was had by all -- just don't look at my curtains... why was that one all bunched up?? Some one was messing with it I think... Oh well -- now you know I'm real. You do know that if you are looking at this blog at blogger -- you can click on the photos to see the larger version. You can see my teeth -- since I'm laughing instead of smiling... I know -- I'm trying to work on that.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I can't remember which entry I'm responding to here! LOL! Oh well...I was going to say you all look like you're having so much fun! Love your Thanksgiving table! And the centerpiece - very much like the one I have, only mine is orangy instead of greenish! I just stuff it into a big rubbermaid bin. Actually, I do try to stuff gently, but it always comes out mangled. I think next year I'll need to bite the bullet and buy another one.

    So how was the meal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I miss when having a large family gathering around the table is the laughter. It is usually just my husband, my daugher and I around the table and we do have fun but it's not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from some blog from some other blog, but however I found you, I like what I see! If I had been at that table I'd have been begging for a spoon too, I only use forks as necessary (which I find to be not very often).

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!