Friday, November 9, 2007

Strawberry Dream

I made a smoothie for breakfast this morning, for myself.

Started with a base of white grape juice. I usually put in 1 cup of liquid to start.

Then I poured in some strawberries. I add 1 cup of fruit to the liquid... but I guess here. I pour them in until they fill up the liquid. I thought there were a few too many strawberries today -- so I put some back in the bag... the ones that weren't touching the grape juice, that is.

I commenced to blending... it got stuck... hmm... needs more liquid.

I open the fridge... oops... I'd given the kiddos all the rest of the grape juice. I do NOT want to open a new bottle just for a few more drops of liquid...

Oh... what about this??

I spied the French Vanilla Creamer. Normally reserved for my coffee... but this is desperate times... calling for desperate measures. Well -- not really -- but I'll give it a shot.

Zip -- poured a little bit in there... again commenced to blending...oh creamy... look at that.

Poured it out -- oh it was thick -- filled the cup... oops... a little bit left... just poured it straight from the blender into my mouth.

GASP -- that's delicious!!!

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMMMM! That sounds delightful!

    I have a great smoothie recipe - my own- that sometimes I give my kids for breakfast. So much good-for-you-stuff in it and it fills them up and they stay satiated - unlike cereal, etc.

    Yogurt (your choice - I like low-fat, organic vanilla), fruit puree (or frozen fruits), banana, a splash of orange juice, a dash of cinnamon.

    YUMMY!
    I like your creamer idea, though!!

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!