Saturday, November 17, 2007

Why I LUV Thanksgiving

I bet you are thinking I'm going to get all gushy and mushy and say all the things I'm thankful for.

Well -- I'll just be honest with you -- one of my most favorite things about Thanksgiving?

Ready??

Getting ready for COMPANY!!

Look at this buffet...



What do you see there?? I'll just tell you -- NO CLUTTER!!

And here... on the side board...



Dust -- it's gone... vanished... poof... Hooray!!


And the FRIDGE???



Can you believe all the room??!!??

Of course -- it'll be full to overflowing in a few days. But HEY -- it's CLEAN!!!

°Ü°

My mother always says... "Don't even think about cleaning... just leave it!"

Who is she kidding!!! That's what I love about company -- the cleaning -- My house WILL be clean ONCE A YEAR!!

Now -- I'm off to go tackle the upstairs. My word -- it took me hours to just do that little bit.

Oh and the classroom -- I almost forgot... take a look at this...



Of course -- that no longer looks like that -- because you know... well... I've got 5 kids, and one of them got got untied yesterday... so ... Well -- it was nice while it lasted! :p

6 comments:

  1. We have a bunch of folks coming over on Tuesday evening; want to come clean for me?

    You do a marvelous job! Glad you took pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - looks very nice!

    I love your buffet table with the green accents - very pretty!

    And um. I just can't not say it. That is a HUGE tub of butter, girl! Good brand btw!

    So can I come to your house for Thanksgiving? I don't look forward to preparing for company (how bad is that?). It's bad for my hormones which in turn affect my mood which in turn affects my families mood. It's just all so complicated, kwim?

    Oh my word - wait! There are TWO butter buckets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TAG!

    http://weblog.xanga.com/RoysWife/627709221/8-things-about-myself.html#

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO!! The huge one is margarine (trans fat free) -- I will admit that... but the small one on top -- same brand -- COTTAGE CHEESE!! I get them from Costco.

    I prefer Anderson Erikson Cottage Cheese -- but they don't sell a HUGE container of it -- so we get 2 of this brand from Costco, each month.

    Don't be messin with hormones Dawn -- especially so close to the holidays. "Just Leave It", like my mothers says! No one will mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks beautiful and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew. I feel SO much better knowing it wasn't all butter. I was gonna say.

    So, like, I'm sure you have no need for this information but I'll share it anyway. The hormones began to flow ON Thanksgiving. Can you believe it? ON Thanksgiving. I was thankful to have a flow but come on....

    So do your kids read this? Are they sitting there going...WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT LADY TALKING ABOUT? HI Gabby Kids!

    I need a time out.

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!