She uses Mark 12.30 as the main verse, then she makes her goals using 4 different themes. Heart, Soul, Mind and Strength. I'm going to copy after her. ;)
- HEART Think right. Keep my heart free from sin. Phi 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
I need to finish reading Loving God with All Your Mind, by Elizabeth George.
- SOUL Read through the Bible in 90 days.
- SOUL Find an accountability partner for my spiritual life. I'm hoping to use my prayer partner that I'll be getting through Faith Baptist Church in town. I'm praying for my prayer sister already. God knows who I need as a partner.
- SOUL Mentor my children with their devotions and their walk with God. Start good habits at a young age.
- MIND Read a "thoughtful" book each month. I read enough of fiction. So this must be history, or a "better myself" type book.
- MIND Write a handwritten note to a 1 friend a month.
- MIND Start school for self.
- MIND Keep up with school for kiddos.
- STRENGTH Stick with good eating habits. Try cooking South Beach-ish each month.
- STRENGTH Develop and stick to a regular exercise routing. Finish a 5K this year by doing Couch to 5K in the Spring.
- STRENGTH Get weight down below obesity level. I'm only 5'2", so I'll let you figure that out.
OK -- there ya go. I've got some goals... let's all pray I meet them this year. ;)