Monday, January 14, 2008

Wrestling in Oskaloosa

Mansel wrestled in Oskaloosa.

This tournament was the first time he's wrestled this season. I was a little discouraged after the first match.

See - I'm a mom. Not a reader of The Predicament. Just a mat-side-mom. So -- when I was seeing my kiddo get flopped all around by another 2nd grader, I got discouraged.

What did his dad say when he was done? "Did you see that? Mansel did NOT get pinned by that kid." Ü Good thing Dan's the coach and not me. That kid came in 6th at the State Pee Wee Wrestling tournament last year. Ohh... makes more sense. Hooray for not getting pinned!!

Then his next matches -- Mansel went on to deftly handle the next 2 opponents. Pinning one himself! YEAH!! That makes a mommy proud.

Look it here... Mansel's already working on his "I'm not going to smile for the camera even though I'm so excited to be standing here on the 2nd place stand next to the guy who DIDN'T pin me" face. He's getting good -- very good. He didn't even smile even though his mom was screeching across the room... SMILE MANSEL!! SMILE FOR MOMMY!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Man, that is a PERFECT wrestling face! Little Mr. Tough Guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a tough one. Can I just say he looks old in that pic? A glimpse of the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That boy is going to put some major gray hairs on you!

    I have a terrible fear of neck and head injuries. I'll scream and cover up my ears just THINKING about it!! SEE! I just did it! Does wrestling have this risk?

    I think I'm going to steer my destined-to-be-a-linebacker son to excel in table tennis instead.

    How will I ever SURVIVE raising my children?

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!