Saturday, January 12, 2008

Year of the Bath


I'm calling this the year of the Bath - because we were Deluged with Bathroom Stuff for Christmas. I'm NOT complaining!! Not at all!! I asked for and received some of the best towels that I've used in a LONG time. After Christmas -- I had fun making some rags out of my old towels. I didn't have to work to hard at that either, mind you. All I did was put the towel in a bag and write "rags" on the outside of it. ::sigh:: They were in BAD shape. So -- you can see my nice new washcloth from one sister and the corner of my new towel from another sister.

AND -- the TONS of Thomas the Tank Engine soapy smelly slickery stuff. Then the 2 boxes of stuff that are being put in the cupboard until the rest of the stuff gets used up. See the pink princess soap, oh and the red racey cars soap, oh, don't forget the yellow rubber ducky soap, and the purple pleasant soap.

Some people need to learn to keep a lock on their lips. My kids weren't as excited about the year of the bath when upon opening the 2nd or 3rd box of soap someone said, "I think they are trying to tell them they stink." Oh... yeah... my kid heard that... and he remembers. I think he has a mind like his mother's. I'm sorry kid! We discussed some people's sense of humor -- or lack of...

But they are right -- we'll come out smelling like roses in the end. ;)

AND -- dry off with some awesome towels to boot!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Can I drop off a few of my stinky kiddos? Maybe I need to invest in some bath stuff for my 5 yr old boy. He hates baths and gets an average of one a week!
    ~Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bathroom looks really clean. I can't imagine your kids ever stinking if your keep the bathroom that nice :)
    My towels could be rags too. I am gonna just start buying one here and there when on sale. It's gotten to that point. When the towel has more holes than the drain in the tub, it's time to scrap them I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gone are the days of bathing for my 5yo daughter. Two years ago, she had UTI (urinary tract infection) and the doctor said that baths do not help this kind of thing. I was never a bath person myself since I grew up in the Philippines and baths are unheard of there--- daily showers are more like it. Now, my daughter takes showers, too, everyday.
    I wish we can still have her take baths, though. I can use the half-hour or so of semi-supervised play.
    Your bathroom looks so clean!

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!