Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sunday School and e-Sword

This morning I'm studying my Sunday School lesson. It has a TON of scripture I need to look up. Well -- it's titled, "How was the Bible Written", makes sense you would use the Bible -- right?

I'm going to cheat a bit.

It's not cheating actually -- I'm using The Sword of the Lord with an Electronic Edge. Those of use with computer have a great advantage... we also have no excuse for not studying God's word.

My pastor mentioned recently that he called his wife and said, "I'm going to do a little studying at home -- I've got about 50 books to bring home." Then he walks in almost empty handed... they were all on a disk. The E-Sword has a lot of helps on it too -- computer in hand -- have knowledge. (Notice I didn't say wisdom). ;)

OK -- so I'd better get back to my studying... I've got lots and lots of scripture to look up for this lesson.

Oh one more thing -- those of you who use e-Sword (or something comparable) what is your favorite thing to do with it? How do you use it most effectively? I want to get all out of it that I can get.

1 comment:

  1. Hello.
    I see from your blog that we both read The Pioneer Woman--love her.
    I also just ordered (rather my husband) a Canon from New Egg....WEIRD!
    And, I use e-sword! Daily. Love it.

    My favorites on e-sword:
    the word search tool to find word as used in scripture (the little binoculars.
    I use the Matthew Henry Commentary, a lot.
    Also, I look up the words in their original form by clicking on the numbers...my husband was able to download many versions from e-sword.com

    How do you like it so far?

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!