Monday, December 31, 2007

In 2007 I did...

In 2007 I DID...
  1. NOT Get my weight down to 140, and maintain that until 2008. :P
  2. NOT Have an extended fast every 3 months.
  3. Find good for us snacks for kids.
  4. Look into diet change for MILO.
  5. NOT Have my devotions regularly - after exercise - before computer. Finish Thomas E. Kempis, find more A.W. Tozer.
  6. Work on my meek and quiet spirit, pray before responding, each time.
  7. Go 365 days with out cutting my hair.
  8. NOT Never watch TV unless my dh is watching TV.
  9. Read 12 books. (Keep track on my blog.) Some of which should be the Charlotte Mason series.
  10. Have an "real life" friend over for tea 6 times. (6 different friends... if I can find them... one at a time)

Oh HEY -- 6 out of 10... I DID 6 out of 10 of my GOALS for 2007.

These were not listed in order of importance.

I wrote last year, "often times I struggle with keeping these, so I'm going write here why these are important to me -- in case I need to "encourage myself in the Lord". I forgot to look at them... mostly.

Get my weight down to 140, and maintain that until 2008.

I DID get down to 163 -- once. I haven't weighed in a few weeks... but I think I'm back up into the 70's. Purty sure... my new skinny jeans are fitting tight.

BUT -- I've got my calendar up by my scale in the laundry room. I'm planning on measuring tomorrow. I'm going to concentrate on exercise this year. Last year -- I worked and worked on my food. Finally at one point I was down to eating South Beach style, and only consuming 1200 cal/day. STALLED. Losing nothing. I took the week-end off in October and ate with my friends... and LOST a pound. Obviously the FOOD plan wasn't working. So -- this year... be balanced with my food. Stick with the South Beach plan... not worry so much about counting and EXERCISE like crazy! Those contestants on the Biggest Loser show work out 4 hours a day, I hear. They lose. Now -- I can't do it for that long of a time in the day... but I can do it 5 days a week. Cardio and Resistance. I've got hand weights and Walk away the Pounds Tapes. So I'm going to do some CATHE with FitTV and walk. In the spring I'm going to do Couch to 5K with my home school group (Get ready kids!)... So my goal is going to change. I really want to be in the 30's... down to 130ish and keep it there through December.

(Mat 18:6) But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Yep... that's one of the really big reasons why I need to use self-control in this area. Offending little ones... it's a big offense in the sight of the Lord.

I think I'll keep this verse here -- it's a good reminder. I'm going to have Tori work out with me in the mornings. She'll be a good motivator. She likes to exercise and she'll nag me... motivate me to keep going.

Have an extended fast every 3 months.

I did fast a bit this year -- but when I do -- my hair falls out. So... that's not good for me. I still think fasting is beneficial spiritually. But unless there is a real crisis -- extended fasting should probably not be done (for me) every 3 months.

Find "good for us" snacks for kids.

Hey -- we didn't do too bad with this one. I quit buying sugar snacks. I'd call them lunch box snacks. My kids ate more veggies this year then ever before. Hooray! Granola isn't too bad. Cheese sticks. Actually -- we just quit eating so many snacks in general.

Look into diet change for MILO.

When using South Beach -- we cut back on sugar consumption. AMAZING to me how cutting back on sugar helps Milo. We didn't have to do anything weird... cut out food coloring or yeast or eggs, or wheat... just cut back on the sugar stuff... he does better. AND -- I send him outside to play a lot. ;)

Have my devotions regularly - after exercise - before computer.

Of course - this started out with a BANG! But as I get busy -- it usually slips away. I'm going to keep it as a goal for 2008, because it's a good one.



work on my meek and quiet spirit, pray before responding, each time.

Umm... I DID work on it. I'm doing better than last year, I think... but I can't say that I pray EVERY time before responding. I find that reading my bible consistently and this one go hand in hand.

Go 365 days with out cutting my hair.

OK -- I did it. I didn't cut my hair. I'll post a photo later. It's gross. I don't like my hair like this. But how would I know if I didn't try it. I find myself putting it up a lot -- trying to keep it out of my face. I'm going to go call to make a hair appointment soon. ;) I can't wait for January to arrive!! A real hair doo. Woo Hoo.

Never watch TV unless my dh is watching TV.

Oh yeah... good idea. But we get Netflix movies that my dh doesn't want to watch. So -- a lot of times... I watch them by myself while folding laundry. But I USUALLY don't watch it instead of working... usually....

Read 12 books.

Oh well -- I went way over 12. I even quit listing them after a while. I had no idea I read so much. Mercy... I apparently don't need this as a goal. LOL

Have an "real life" friend over for tea 6 times.

Oh -- now this was fun for me. I counted any time we had company as having a friend over for tea. Should I list them here? I bet I'd forget someone if I did that.

Amber
Becky
Beth
Christina
Connie
Karen

Lisa
Robin
Robin
Susan

Well -- that's 2007 in a nut shell. I'd better go work on my 2008 goals.

4 comments:

  1. Great Job Jennifer. I hope for you to have similar success in 2008. But, am I the Susan you are talking about having over for tea???? Cuz we did not have tea, we had brownies and water....lol...hence the reason you are not down to 140... :wink:

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! Commit them to the Lord in 2008 and He will direct your paths. Intersted in the Couch to 5K...what is that? I need something to motivate me to get back on the treadmill. You would think that looking in the mirror would do it, but alas...

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. The One and Only Susan!! Ü Those brownies were the best I had all year!!

    They probably weren't South Beach-ish... were they. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela -- I commented on your blog about Couch to 5K.

    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

    Here is the link for all you other curious folks out there. It's a great deal! More about it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!