Friday, January 18, 2008

The Answers

To your questions... Yesterday I was stuck. Today -- with a little help from my friends. I'll answer questions and boost myself out of my slump. Sort of like David encouraging himself in the Lord. OK -- well not really... but it sounded good.

DangitAnge said... a bunch of things about snowflakes and vacuuming.

I skipped her idea. We did school instead. Actually -- we did several days worth of Bible, and several days worth of history yesterday. I have been feeling puny this week -- so we've been sneaking by with just the basics... so I got them caught up. Whew... Today -- a regular old Friday. Hooray!!

But if you are ever looking for some GUT BUSTING humor -- you could go check out her blog. She is one funny girl, who produced some very funny children. Like yesterday... ::snicker:: really funny post yesterday. Now go wash your mouth out with soap, young lady.



corefoundations said...

You PREPARE for your blog posts??!

Yes I do. Can't you tell? Ha ha haaa! Even if she doesn't prepare her posts ahead of time -- you can't tell. Christine is a great story teller -- my fav? The trip to the ditch. Ever so gracefully. LOL

Actually -- not EVERY time do I prepare ahead of time, but most times I sit down and upload my photos from the camera to the computer. If I find any that are blog worthy... then I use Picasa2 to blog them. Picasa is a "Google" thing. You can down load it and then when you use it to look at your photos on your computer -- you can chose them and then chose "blog this". Up to 4 at a time. Rather cool. Really quick. I like it because I can do all sorts of "formating" in Picasa that I can't do here in the blogger dashboard.

Anyway -- when I upload my photos I start a'blogging. Then -- instead of publishing them... I save them. ::tee hee:: Then I stock pile them... sort of like my empty cottage cheese containers. I'm a good hoarder. Then every morning -- wa lah -- I go into a "draft" entry and change the date and hit PUBLISH. It looks fresh -- doesn't it? That Great Nephew Post... it's rather stale to me... he came to visit before Christmas. But it wasn't to you, now was it? Grandma Karol was really impressed... she even e-mailed me about it.

So -- there ya have it... yesterday morning I ran out of hoarded posts. I need to go upload some more photos don't I.

AND... another way to get blogging ideas is to Stumble. Do you stumble? I do. In real life and on the computer. I really only can do this early in the mornings on Saturday -- when no little kiddos are around. I often wake up at my "regular" time on Saturdays and let everyone else sleep in -- then I blog away -- for a rainy day.


Susan said...

roflol...go to my blog and read it and send all of your friends and family there...

Oh -- I've done that before, I think. But I'll do it again. You all should GO HERE and read what Susan has to say. She is a very wise person. AND she laughs at my jokes!! I really like her. I've met her in real life. She makes the best brownies evah!! Ask me how I know... Oh wait -- I'm answering questions today -- not taking them. I KNOW because I've eaten one. Yes I have!! It was D-Lish, and she has a picture to prove it, I think.


You should blog an open letter to someone or a group of people.

Do I have to? That sounds rather serious and smart. Maybe I'll save that idea for later when I'm feeling serious and smart. Maybe.

Sharon said...

I..um...oh...my...hold on >>grabs tissue and tries to stop the overwhelming flow of tears<< style="font-style: italic;">

Right.

I go to bloglines and see that you have a new post only to find, nothing????

Right. I'm sorry Sharon.


Do you know how you have destroyed my day??

Um... are you having a little postpartum hormonal stuff going on... a little wee bit? But man alive -- I'm sorry I destroyed your day. Really, really sorry. Go get Caleb to give you a hug... or something. That'll make you feel better.


Hee, hee, ok go make your Dan the Man's favorite sandwich and post pictures of you making it step by step.

Oh... great idea. I could do that -- I'll put that on my "to blog about" list. YEAH... I've got one of those -- it's just run a little dry right now.

Go take a picture of your dog, Oreo?, and blog what she is thinking.

OREO??? You read my post about my walk and the 1/2 deer and you can't remember my faithful MALE companion's name even?? EBONY!! But speaking of oreos... maybe I'll put those on my "to get at the store" list.

Hmmm, a question......

Do you have a hairstyle picked out?

NO. Know why?? I have no idea what to do. I think I'll sit in the chair and say, "Surprise me." Then start praying. Ü I do NOT want it shaved, or punked, or pink, or ugly. But I'd like it to flatter my face shape... what ever that may be. I have no clue.

Are we going to get before and after photos?

Yes.

Are you going to have pictures taken through the whole process?

No. Know why?? BECAUSE -- I want to say to her... now that I have you here... I want to sit here and read my book and enjoy my coffee and just read, and be quiet, and relax, and enjoy the peace and quiet. My sister cuts hair in TX, she says that if clients tell her they don't want to talk -- she doesn't talk. Boy howdy... I didn't know I could do that. I'd love to get my hair cut and not have to chatter away with some stranger and not say things that make her M.A.D. and have UGLY hair when I got done with her -- or when she gets done with me.

So -- I won't take photos during the whole thing.. but I think I will take before and after shots. I need to have a visual reminder of why I will never let my hair grow for an entire year and why my hair looks UGLY when it's grown out!! I need to remember all the yucky straw feeling junk that is at the end of the hair. GROSS... I can't wait until January 22nd at 3:00 P.M. I'm going to be there with bells on -- and with a book -- and some coffee -- and one request. "Shhh..." ::giggle::


Are you going to eat chocolate today?

::gasp:: No -- no chocolate. And here is the reason why. Wayne and I scrapped the very last itsy bitsy smear of Nutella out of the jar Wednesday night. There is NO CHOCOLATE in this house today. Rather a bad day if you ask me. I could go eat a spoon full of sugar free hot chocolate powder... but I'm not that desperate yet. ::gag:: Oh sorry... Praise the Lord it's grocery shopping day. I'm using my e-mealz list b.t.w. That seems to working out OK.


Thanks for playing commentors!! It's been fun. Hopefully tomorrow -- I'll be back to my old self. I think I'll go do some stumbling... or look at some photos... or just blather away like I normally do.

Make it a Great One!
°Ü°

4 comments:

  1. She's back!

    Ebony. I knew that. I had double stuff Oreos the other day. Love double stff Oreos. My hubby had a dog named Oreo. Maybe that's why I got confused. Hubby says the dog would eat concrete.

    I love going to get my haircut. OK, I really like my hair being washed, the sound of rushing water, And I agree; no talking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had my hair cut in two years. . .and really want to. But, I keep it long in the winter ('cuz I don't like the cold).

    Maybe this spring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come heck out the award I gave you just for being a Jennifer.
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jennifer! How I needed to read that. All of it! It gave me some good laughs and I needed them! But, NO CHOCOLATE?! I can't survive without that stuff! Hope you have a good stockpile of it now!

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!