Saturday, January 5, 2008

Proof is in the Pudding.


Really? The pudding? Why do people say that? Well -- here are photos to prove that my sister was HERE!! Hooray!

Genell came to visit. (She has the cute glasses on.)
(See how my teeth don't line up with my nose?)

Here is Wayne hugging Annie's neck when they first arrived. He hadn't seen her in real life for over 15 months... he is only 30 months old. Think he remembers her? She is very huggable.


They donned snow clothes after a quick bite to eat. We had nachos and brownies. Sound nutritious? No -- but it was delicious. The brownies I copied BooMama's suggestion of putting a candy bar in the middle. Oh. My. Word. The pan was empty when they left b.t.w. It was a success. Praise the Lord - or else I would have eaten the rest by myself, I'm afraid.

Here is Milo resting after skating on the frozen creek.


Tyler was almost camouflaged in all the trees with his white and grey on. I found him... but only after searching for a while -- we could hear him and couldn't see him.

Here are the girls sliding down the bank on their bottoms. No sleds required. No wonder my kids come in so wet after sledding. They start AT the tree.. not before the tree. ;P

And here are the boys - minus the napping one.
Milo, Mansel, Tyler and Trevor. My boys are in awe of their older cousins. The older cousins are so kind and gracious with them. Mansel loved wrestling with them. They let him hang on for a while -- then pinned him. Gotta keep him in line.


Dani got cold first. Her feet were COLD. But the rest came in side shortly after she did. So she hung out there almost as long as they did. She's leaning on some wood Dan just cut. There was a tree that was ruined, after the ice storm, in our church's front lawn. The ice brought a branch down, but it was a big branch and it caused the tree to split down the middle. It'll have to dry and we'll use it next winter for heat, since it was a live tree. Doesn't it make a good leaning spot?

Tori and Ann stopped for a moment to pose for the camera. I'm so glad. Aren't they beautiful? When they left Tori said, "I'm so sad they are gone." She isn't very demonstrative... so I know it probably seemed to them that she wasn't very excited to see them -- but she WAS! I know she was. I saw her hanging back a bit at first and I wanted to just shake her -- THIS VISIT WON'T LAST LONG SISTER!! Don't waste any of it getting over the jitters. Oh -- she is so her daddy's daughter in cases like that. I'm a jumper inner, not a hanger backer. LOL


So - before everyone pooped out -- I made them all sit down one more time. I think I've got 5 photos of myself as a child. My kids say, "Mom -- enough pictures already." Ü

Just ONE more!!



Then the rest of the photos are un-posed. I put my camera on "mute" so they can't tell I'm taking photos any more. Sometimes the un-posed natural ones are the best ones any way.

Don't you agree?


Thanks for coming Genell! Thank you for sharing your children with us. You are doing a great job with your kids. They are beautiful and have wonderful spirits! Every time we get together I leave with the feeling that you are doing an excellent job as a parent! You are in our prayers often.
I love you - Jennifer.

8 comments:

  1. Great pics! You and your sis are too cute!!

    Love the group shot on the porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! You have snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, Thank you...you made me cry. I love you! It was so fun to see you guys. Next time I will plan a longer time!

    Genell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh -- now I'm crying!! °Ü°

    Yes we have snow... lots and lots of snow -- probably going to melt today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now Jennifer, there is not such thing as enough photos, never listen to your kids on that one ;)
    LOVE the shot of you and your sister! that rocks. And the kid ones are so precious! Very neat post!
    I love the one of them sitting on the porch all bundled up! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an extra special way to start off the year. You are blessed!

    And the teeth lining up with your nose comment...hu?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when sisters and cousins unite!!!! Five of seven of us siblings got together for Christmas for the first time over twenty years! Can you say tissue moment?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My 5 yo daughter puts on this werid smile when she knows that I am taking a picture of her so I have to put my camera on "mute", too. I like the unposed ones better, myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!