Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"Sir, we don’t differentiate between 3 and 33"

This story is incredible.

A 3yo girl is throwing a temper tantrum and the family gets booted off of the plane.

I wonder how our family would have tolerated that incident? Would we have reflected Jesus in our countenance. Would it have come down to getting ejected at all?

I wonder if I would have felt free to utilize the bathroom with my 3yodd in tow?

Yesterday I was in Target and our 3yo dd was touching things and lagging behind the cart. After being told 2-3 times to not touch something... I just instinctively bent down to her level and really gave her an "I mean business" swat on the bum. When I stood up I looked right in the eyes of another mom. She smiled sweetly. WHEW... then my 3yo ran up to the cart and held on like she was supposed to. (Dad was pushing the cart and had walked on ahead). I didn't even think ahead of time -- "Oh I shouldn't." Praise the Lord He protected our family during that incident... but on a plane full of people -- with every one staring and one offering a lollipop. Would I feel comfortable walking the mile to the "restroom" for some "relaxation"?

I'm not sure.

What would you have done?

Too bad they had to miss work and their luggage and car seat went on ahead... it seems to have been handled rather poorly on the air lines end of the deal.

3 or 33... tantrums are all handled the same. Well -- That's probably not the case at our house... but where do you draw the line, I wonder?

4 comments:

  1. I love LOVE your blog! How do you get hyperlinks (that take you to other pages) in the middle of a sentence??? All I have is my front page and thats it! Its kinda frusterating. I love your blog. Now Im going to read on it, make some breakfast, take some Rx, check the blog again, and enjoy the day. How do you like the snow? I looked at the national radar, it looks as though Iowa is the only one being hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I certainly appreciate it! My kiddos are destroying our office, so I am going to hang out with them. They are getting bored in here.

    I added a corner banner, but it doesn't allow me to click on anything to the right of it (ie: customize and logout), any ideas? I followed the instructions from the Christian Women website as to how to add the HTML to my site (I used the "right before the HTML coding for head instructions). I picked the wrong banner though, I wanted "This blog is owned by a purpose driven wife", oh well, I can look at that later.

    Also, if I want to take that HTML out, how do I do it? I used "Clear Edits" but it didn't take the banner off. hmmm.

    Im also going to research on adding a table of contents. I know this stuff won't happen overnight per se, but I want my site just right. Your site is inspiration, I love going there!

    Talk to you later, Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOW it is snowing in Southern Iowa.. .it wasn't 2 hours ago...

    Thanks for the heads up. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing story! People need to use their heads in situations, rather than simply going by the book. Obviously the person who ordered them off the plane wasn't able to think for themselves. That's outrageous!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!