Sunday, January 7, 2007

Moms for Modesty

I added a new button... See it on the side. The cute little girl in the ballerina outfit. Ahhh... so cute. So -- here is what that button means:

Moms for Modesty Mission Statement

  • As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
  • I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
  • I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
  • I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
  • I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young women's clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

Ü Our inner beauty comes from having Jesus Christ as our Saviour. With out Him -- it doesn't matter what you wear... your eternity will be long either way. But while we are here on earth... I'm going to strive to do my best to dress myself, and my girls modestly. Why? Because I've got boys!!! I know better. At our house -- it doesn't just matter if all the skin is covered... if its TIGHT... then it is also immodest. Man alive -- we don't want to see what size undergarments you are wearing -- through your t-shirt. Put on a sweater!!!

We are acquainted with some girls that, I swear -- they are stealing t-shirt from their little brothers. Long sleeve t-shirts -- 2 of them layered no less, with a long to the floor skirt, but every thing is strangling tight. How do they get those clothes on anyway? NICE. I want to carry my bathrobe to loan them when we are together. HELP. One of my on-line friends suggested I buy them clothes that fit and give them to them. HA HA... well -- if I had the money I would. (OK -- not really... I'm too chicken to do that.) Plus... would that be a waste of God's $$? I'm not sure. My dh didn't go for the idea anyway...

OK -- done ranting. I pray that you will dress prayerfully! For my boys sake!

THANKS --

1 comment:

  1. O can say amen to this post. The styles are so terrible and my little girl is in the last size before reaching the jrs and then its shopping online for us I guess.

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!