Monday, January 1, 2007

IN 2007 I WILL...


  1. Get my weight down to 140, and maintain that until 2008.
  2. Have an extended fast every 3 months.
  3. Find good for us snacks for kids.
  4. Look into diet change for MILO.
  5. Have my devotions regularly - after exercise - before computer. Finish Thomas E. Kempis, find more A.W. Tozer.
  6. Work on my meek and quiet spirit, pray before responding, each time.
  7. Go 365 days with out cutting my hair.
  8. Never watch TV unless my dh is watching TV.
  9. Read 12 books. (Keep track on my blog.) Some of which should be the Charlotte Mason series.
  10. Have an "real life" friend over for tea 6 times. (6 different friends... if I can find them... one at a time)

These are not listed in order of importance.

Now -- often times I struggle with keeping these, so I'm going write here why these are important to me -- in case I need to "encourage myself in the Lord". ;)

Get my weight down to 140, and maintain that until 2008.

(1Co 6:19) What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

I need to get it together here... I remember blogging about this before. I think perhaps I've had a baby since then. Now baby is 18mo... time to whip the old temple back into shape. Keeping up with 5 kiddos is important to me. Being a good example to my children is also important. In order to do this -- I have to exercise 4-5 times a week. Maybe even 5-6 times... but I'm not going to push it. CATHE on FitTV is a great one for me to do right now. I'll do it as long as my knees can take it. Some days I have to skip her... too much jumping... but the weight lifting days are excellent work out for me.

(Mat 18:6) But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Yep... that's one of the really big reasons why I need to use self-control in this area. Offending little ones... it's a big offense in the sight of the Lord.

Have an extended fast every 3 months.
(Mat 6:16) Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Yeah -- I noticed that too.. it says WHEN ye fast. Not IF. So -- I'll fast. Actually I did a REALLY LONG fast this year. My word folks -- if you haven't done it for one reason or another. Start praying. Fall on your face before God and see if it's not something you should be doing. It's amazing how your walk with God changes. I'm chomping at the bit to get back to that again!! I can't wait to feel that special closeness again... with my Heavenly Father.

Find "good for us" snacks for kids.
Is this one biblical? I think it's important for me as a parent to train the kiddos how they should be acting as adults. So if they get used to the "good stuff" when they are young... perhaps it will be easier as an adult to maintain good health with good eating habits. I guess this verse would apply... (Pro 22:6) Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. I think their eating habits are effecting their behaviour. Some more than others... thus the next one.

Look into diet change for MILO.

I don't believe in medicating for ADD -- for my family, just yet. I'm going to really read about this. Make sure it's not a sin issue, make sure it's not a laziness issue, make sure it's not a maturity issue, not a mom's not consistent issue, and not a food issue. If we can just change the diet a bit, with good results... then I'll keep digging.

Have my devotions regularly - after exercise - before computer.
Devotions before exercises is a new one for me. I'd sit down to read my Bible early in the morning, and start dozing off. I didn't want that. So I switched up my schedule. After exercise my blood is a pumping!! Excellent time for me. The kids are still in bed, and I'm alert. But I have to get it done before I sign on here. Other wise I get sucked in. Ahhh... I'm such a wimp. Self-control... what is that? Oh, I'll just check this... WAM...what? 30 minutes already? Woah... how did that happen? So the after exercise part is o.k. with me. It's the BEFORE COMPUTER that's the kicker. I'm going to try to not even get on here until after kiddos bed time. Ü That will be a drastic change... we'll see.

work on my meek and quiet spirit, pray before responding, each time.
I discovered this fall that I DON'T NEED TO RESPOND sometimes. I can just sit there and be praying, "Lord what do I say?" And if nothing comes to mind... then I need to say nothing. BUT that means I need to be praying... almost with out ceasing. Novel idea. Oh look it here... (1Th 5:16) Rejoice evermore. 17) Pray without ceasing. 18) In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Go 365 days with out cutting my hair.
That's just a personal preference. Ü I want long hair -- well, long for me -- one more time. I hear you are supposed to have short hair after you turn 40. (Obviously, my sister is a hair dresser). So... either I'll grow it long enough for a bun, or when I'm 40... I'll cut it. But can I make it 1 year with out cutting it? I don't know... I love cutting hair. My poor kids... none of them have long hair either. Especially my boys. LOL

Never watch TV unless my dh is watching TV.
OK -- now this one may be harder than I first thought. We just signed up for Netflix. I do normally shut off the electronics during the summer months... and now my dh is going to suspend the dish service during the "off season". (He loves football and wrestling). So we thought a good alternative would be Netflix. It's waaay less expensive than the Family Video in town. Plus gas. Plus the selection is better... But I want to be a good example to my kiddos again. There is always something better than TV. No matter what is on. So I need to reinforce that in their minds by... if it's my choice... to not watch TV. I'm not going to sit in the other room while DH is watching... he likes to watch WITH me... so I'll be his TV pal... but if it's up to me... we'll chose the BEST thing. (Good, Better, BEST!)

Read 12 books.
I have not arrived. I need to ever be learning. BUT -- keeping in mind, that the one who knows more on judgement day... will be kept to a higher standard. So... read wisely. Apply biblical standards, and obey them! I want them to be goodies too... not novels. Charlotte Mason -- at least 3 of hers. A.W. Tozer is a goodie. I hang out at Paperback Swap some... so I hope to find 12 good ones there. Iliad... I just found that -- can that count for 2 books? It's thick. Ü Maybe I'll tackle that this summer when school lets out.

Have an "real life" friend over for tea 6 times.
(1Pe 4:9) Use hospitality one to another without grudging. There were 4 verses on hospitality actually... all good. That goes to show how important it is. I don't do it enough. Always some excuse! But I really want to walk with God. I feel I need to obey in this area. So -- I've bought my biscuits. I have my flavored coffee... now... to find a friend. ;) LOL

OK -- there it is... if you have blogged about your 2007 goals. Will you share about it in your comments? Maybe I'll get inspired and add a few more. If not -- I'll know how to pray for you better. Which I might add -- wouldn't be a bad idea for you either. You could print off my list, and start praying! Even before 2007 sets in. I wouldn't mind that one bit!

If you are still reading... thanks for taking the time to stop by. I really appreciate it... and look forward to noting my progress here. Giving God the glory of course... because if I could do it on my own -- it would be done already... right? Can't -- so I'm getting down on my face, humbling my self, and pleading for God's help! LORD -- if it is your will that I succeed with this list... so be it! Show me the way, guide me.

Jennifer
p.s. Yeah -- this is the same post... but I want to save it here, so I can keep myself updated.

3 comments:

  1. Followed you over from HSB...seems several people are leaving since the changes. I haven't run into any problems yet. What was the main reason you made the switch? Just curious...

    On another note...need a friend for coffee? I'll volunteer! ;o)

    Hope you enjoy your new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll come for tea...... think I could mae it there and back within a couple of hours? lol

    sounds like well thought out goals... Ilike them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lanabag! Tea for Two... Just me and you... (Is that a song?)

    You could even bring you kiddos... I've got 5 that would LOVE to entertain them. Ü

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!