Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Me and My Children

Philippians 2:14–15

“Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.”

I really like how when I cry out to God -- in the next few days, I'll see answers to my questions. In this post... I seemed very distressed... but in my daily Bible reading, I've been reassured over and over again that I'm not doing so bad. And it's not ME... I'm a tool that's not doing so bad. The Holy Spirit is speaking to my kiddos through me.

Philippians 2 is one way He is speaking to them. Through my good works. Working with out murmurings and disputings, or grumbling and complaining. Robertson's Word Pictures says murmurings means muttering. Ü I think I mutter sometimes. So I'm going to eliminate that. Snap -- just like that? NO... but I'm going to cry out to God about that. LORD help me! Because I want to “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 5:16).

Here is another reason to not murmur which leads to disputing.

Phi 2:15 -
That ye may be Rather, “that ye may become”
Blameless Free from censure
Harmless Unmixed, unadulterated as in Rom_16:19.
Without blemish Without spot, “unblemished in reputation and in reality”
In the midst of
Crooked
. Old word, curved as opposed to orthos, straight.
Perverse to distort, to twist, to turn to one side

I thank you who were praying. Don't give that up -- will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love commentors!!