Saturday, December 1, 2007

Starting Today

NO SCHOOL!!!

No piano lessons.

No school books.

No nothing!!

Well -- not nothing... we will still practice the piano. We will still be reading our library books.

But it is like a summer break for us. We don't take 3 months off during the summer -- we take off ALL of December, ALL of April, and ALL of August. 3 months off -- just spread out.

So -- this is our first month off for the 2007-2008 school year.

I don't like to totally slack of though. I have an OLD book of CHRISTMAS CLASSICS that I read from last year. That was F.U.N. We listen to Living Books for the Ears. They normally have Christmas Classics each week of December.

This year -- I plan on adding something new. One of my pet peeves is when preachers say, "You all know the story of...blah, blah, blah." Well -- that's not always the case. Sometimes new believers are in attendance and one can not just absorb all the stories in the Bible. One has to read to be familiar with what is in there. So -- my kids and I are going to READ the New Testament so they WILL be familiar and never be in the place where they don't know because of lack of reading. I'd love for this to become a habit when we are off school. Turn on the New Testament! I found a bible reading plan through the New Testament in the next 30 days.

So here we go!!

Let the Fun Begin!!

2 comments:

  1. EGADS! That's a lot of reading in a month! Are you reading all this out loud to them? Do you think you'll get hoarse? How many hours a day will you be setting aside for this?

    Go Gabby GO! :D

    Dawn
    http://dawn.homeschooljournal.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. December's a good month to have off.

    Enjoy reading through the NT in a month, that sounds like such a good idea! Of course reading any Scripture anytime is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!