Monday, December 3, 2007

Very Interesting

HA!

I took a quiz today -- and I thought I would know exactly how I would end up. Little do I know.

Here is some back ground. I was raised a Nazarene (Holiness/Wesleyan), and became a Baptist around 10 years ago. Now am attending a fundamental Baptist church with my family. I just told my pastor -- I'm learning new things all the time. I still feel like a new Christian. I am not bored with reading my Bible (that doesn't mean I'm super REGULAR...). I still feel like I've got that new love.

Here is how I scored.






What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavily by John Wesley and the Methodists.


Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan



86%

Fundamentalist



75%

Reformed Evangelical



61%

Neo orthodox



57%

Charismatic/Pentecostal



43%

Classical Liberal



32%

Emergent/Postmodern



21%

Modern Liberal



14%

Roman Catholic



4%


I wonder where that 4% Roman Catholic part came in? Hmm... and I'm shocked at the 14% Modern liberal. ::gasp:: But look at this -- Classic Liberal 32%... those must have been some of the questions I didn't know the answer to -- so I guessed. LOL!! I thought I was a died in the wool super conservative type gal. Shows how much I know.

So -- what are you? (I really want to know how my Dad scores on this test!) °Ü°

5 comments:

  1. Took the same test in my pre-blog days so I didn't keep the code, but I scored similar. Was interesting to do! I grew up/still am Free Methodist, very similar doctrine to Nazarene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried taking this quiz and answered all 63 questions, but then got an error. I'm not trying it again (at least not now). I didn't know what to put on some of them because it doesn't define it's terms. I could often identify what tradition the statement was coming from based on what I've learned in theology, but I can sometimes agree with a certain statement based on how I define the words, not how they define them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. are order was the same... but the percentages were a little different. I knew there was a reason I liked the village idiot. When are you returning to the village, BTW. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHA

    Liberal and conservative are so subjective....how funny! You better watch out for that 4% RC too! That might creep up on you. ;)

    OK...off to take mine (as though I need to....LOL)...

    Dawn
    http://dawn.homeschooljournal.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My result:

    What's your theological worldview?
    You scored as a Reformed Evangelical
    You are a Reformed Evangelical. You take the Bible very seriously because it is God's Word. You most likely hold to TULIP and are sceptical about the possibilities of universal atonement or resistible grace. The most important thing the Church can do is make sure people hear how they can go to heaven when they die.
    Reformed Evangelical
    75%
    Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
    64%
    Fundamentalist
    61%
    Neo orthodox
    46%
    Roman Catholic
    32%
    Emergent/Postmodern
    25%
    Charismatic/Pentecostal
    18%
    Modern Liberal
    14%
    Classical Liberal
    14%

    Looks like I'm in more trouble than you are! ;)

    Dawn
    http://dawn.homeschooljournal.net/

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!