Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Husband and his Hair Dryer

Dan: "I"m going up onto the roof... where is the hair dyer?"

Me: Sitting up straight, from a sound nap, "WHAAAT?"

We are in the midst of an ice storm here in Southern Iowa. We are also in the midst of conference championship day of college football. Oh my -- what a mix.

Sometimes... when there are storms, rain, wind, snow, ice... whatever... sometimes our satellite goes on the blink. Today -- is was blinking... and when my husband stresses -- he starts blinking. Boy were his eyelids going today.

Dan: "Do you think if I called Perry and asked to watch the game at his house, that would be inviting myself over?"

Me: "Um... yeah."

So what does his hair dyer have to do with this?

He was getting so desperate that he was going to put a metal ladder up onto the side of a house (covered in ice), and climb said ladder with a hair dryer in one hand, (plugged into an extension cord), to give that satellite a new hair do -- or at least to melt the ice -- which ever came first.

Dan: "I'll take my cell phone up there and call you to see if the picture comes in."

Me: "Um... OK."

Yeah -- riiiight. I think when God heard that he said, "Oh Dan... Dan, Dan, Dan... let me help you brother."

BLINK -- here came the satellite back on. (Just as Dan was about to step out onto our ice covered porch).

I don't know if I've ever seen Dan run to his "strategically arranged in his surround sound system triangle" recliner so fast. He's been there ever since. LSU vs. Tennessee, MO vs. OK next, as well as UCLA vs. USC.... all kinds of games on.

Now he's blissing -- not blinking!!

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing very hard. I have been reading your blog off and on for awhile now. Think I came over from PW?? Not sure. Anyhow, this story cracked me up!

    Mapper

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!