Yesterday we started our day at 6:00 a.m.
We all sat down and had our quiet time. Tori, Mansel and I, while the short ones slept. I had to explain to Mansel -- QUIET TIME means no TALKING. Man alive -- that boy is a talker!! Ü
We had a very productive day.
- I mailed a package to my BIL. (We had his present from my folks under our tree... how did that happen?)
- We took down the Christmas Tree and all the Christmas decorations... I left up all the Snowmen that are just WINTER. I'll take that stuff down -- when I'm tired of dusting them... or at the end of March... which ever comes first.
- We organized the bookshelf in the living room.
- Put all the new toys away and organized the boys toy box.
- Some one scooped the snow -- it wasn't me.
- Cleaned off the fridge.
- Organized the music books by the piano.
- We put the new dart board in the basement for Dad to put up. (OK -- my dad reads this -- not MY dad... but for DAN to put up... the KID's dad.) Ü
- I renewed the library books -- then called them to see why the computer said I was a "blocked" user. WHA??? They don't know why either. Hmmm... Maybe they are calling me a block head.
- Organize videos under the TV.
- Washed the rugs.
- Bleach the sink.
- Vacuum the den, living room, stairs, hallway and boys room.
- Straightened the boys room.
- Organized the boys white cupboard.
So -- for today. We'll try to get some of these things done.
- Finish laundry, fold, put away.
- Wash new dishes. (I bought some new Christmas plates for $4.50 a box - I got 4 boxes... 16 place settings HA HA!) But they have to be hand washed... definitely going to be used for company only.
- Clean the windows.
- Clean the wrestling mat.
- 3 bathrooms to clean.
- Guest bedroom.
- Kitchen counters - if you've seen my counters lately - you'll be glad of that one.
- Sweep garage floor.
- Organize winter coats. (Some probably need laundered).
- Organize den bookshelf.
- Organize classroom bookshelf.
- Write thank you notes. (I want to do this first, I think).
- Mop floors.
- Organize computer desk.
- Dust floor boards.
- Tori's room.
- Master bedroom.
OK -- we are not going to get through that whole list... because I'm taking the kids into town this afternoon to watch a movie at the library.
Yesterday was a good experience for me. We all worked together VERY well... not much fighting or arguing. I only had to administer a few "lickings"... and that was to the short ones, who aren't as well trained as the tall ones. LOL
Tori, Mansel and I took turns adding items to the list. That's how we got weird things like sweep the garage floor and clean the wrestling mat. BUT -- I'm the one who decides when these get done. My kitchen floor is going to get mopped before the garage floor gets swept. LOL
I'd better go -- times a'wasting.