Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ICE

Do you like to pray for strangers??

I'd appreciate it if you would pray for us today. My sister is here visiting with her 2 babies.

My dear husband just left for work -- he called and said the power lines are saaaaagging. We've got a tree down on our road. I'm praying the Lord supernaturally holds those power lines right in place! Ü

We've got a wood furnace, so we can keep warm with no power. But lights, power to the fridge, umm... I'm sure there is more than what I'm thinking about. THOSE things would need a generator to run. We do NOT have a generator, but Dan thinks he can buy one from his brother. We'll see.

What an adventure.

We were going to head to the library for story time. Umm... maybe we'll have our OWN story time!

For now -- I'm going to go fix Melissa's Breakfast Burritos.


Mid-American Energy is calling this a category 2 ice storm. 3 being the worst. So -- it could be worse. Let's give thanks in all things, shall we?

9 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    Hi. You probably don't remember me. I was mandy's ramblings on homeschoolblogger. I quit blogging, but still enjoy reading your blog.

    Anyway, we went through a MAJOR ice storm earlier this year and just went through another one yesterday as well (I live in Missouri). The one we went through in last January was very devastating. Many people lost power for weeks. So I will be praying for you and your family. One piece of advice - if it's cold enough, you can take all your food from your refrigerator and freezer and put it outside. That's what we had to do and it kept it nice and cold.

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jennifer.
    Praying for you all today.
    Nancy (HK)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on TV this morning. Honey you have all of our prayers and will be in our minds all day. The hardest part will be keeping the kids from developing cabin fever. Stay warm, use the ice outside as your fridge and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying here too!
    Keep us updated if possible.
    ~Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you, Jennifer!

    Dawn
    http://.dawn.homeschooljournal.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer,
    I'm wondering how it is all going? Our power was out for 14 hours a while back. Long enough. And I don't have any little kids anymore. You are all in my prayers.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jennifer, hoping you made it back safe from Story Time. Praying you didn't lose electric.
    Glad you are safe through the storms thus far. Seems like it's going to be a long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh, oh! You didn't blog on Wednesday and now I am wondering if that is a bad sigh . . . I pray for you and other people dealing with this mess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennifer, did you have another bad sigh? I get those sometimes too.

    So.....ya OK?

    Still praying!

    Dawn
    http://dawn.homeschooljournal.net/

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!