Friday, March 21, 2008

Weighed In

Mansel has weighed in at 56.8 pounds. So he'll wrestle in the 56# class.

He and Dan got out of bed at 6:30 a.m. Good for them. I got to snooze with the rest of the non-wrestlers.

We got to take our time and then eat breakfast at the motel. Aren't you glad they started doing that? I think that is AWESOME. No bundling up and hopping into the van for breakfast. Or skipping it... or bringing junk in a cooler. I had sausage and biscuits. Yumm... and yogurt.

This year they, the ones in charge, are doing it a bit differently. All the K-2nd graders wrestled at the same time in 2007... and it was CROWDED!!! Crowded, crowded, crowded. If you got up -- you lost your seat last year. So I camped out. It was very thrilling.

This year -- same location -- but it's only the 2nd graders today. Tomorrow it's the K-1st graders wrestling. I'm praying it won't be so crowded.

Dan said during weigh in -- he walked right in and got Mansel weighed. No line. Last year -- we waited in line for a long, long, long time. I think I mentioned it was crowded. So -- no line this year... that's a good sign.

We are camping out here in the motel. We did our swimming yesterday. 2yo Wayne said, "Oh Mom... I'm having so fun." Ü

Now we've got PBS going and Milo is playing a new hand held game Dan got the kids yesterday. He thinks it will be good entertainment for them while we are waiting today. You do a lot of waiting at wrestling tournaments. But for now -- Milo and Dani are watching Anderson Cooper in a garbage can. Hmmm... He's saying Gastroenteritis. He's talking to Dan Rather Not. Ha ha haaa...

So -- what are we doing now? Dan is headed to Wal-Mart to buy me some hairspray, and I'm about to change a stinky diaper. I know -- it's so exciting, I can hardly contain myself. We are playing the waiting game until the wrestling starts at noon. They've got to get all those wrestlers who weigh in, put into brackets. Dan is praying (but not fasting) that Mansel gets a few easy ones at first.

I'm blogging with free wireless. That's so cool! ;) I'm praying Mansel doesn't have to wrestle a girl, but I'm not fasting either.

3 comments:

  1. Your breakfast sounded wonderful. I bet your kids are having a wonderful time with all the new experiences, (or at least ones they haven't done in awhile). How did your running go on Wednesday with your friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the boys and girls really wrestle each other?

    Sausage. Hmm.... interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't run with my friends -- too much to do. I got behind. Plus I was still feeling sick from the bronchitis.

    We are staying another night at this motel -- so I'm looking forward to another great breakfast tomorrow. LOL

    And YES -- girls wrestle. Although I only saw 1 today. Praise the Lord -- she was NOT in Mansel's weight class. ::sigh:: Thanks for the prayers if you were so inclined. They wrestle them just like they were boys... I really truly dislike it. I pray every time... "LORD -- keep him safe from the girls." ONCE I forgot to pray -- ONCE he has had to wrestle one. Luckily I wasn't at that tournament, or I might have had to throw a fit!

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!