Tuesday, March 25, 2008

New Specs

I've updated my look.

What do you think?

Tori says they look like my sister Genell's.

I think it makes me look like Grandpa Phillips. LOL What do you think Dad? I've got his nose, I think. Now I've got his eye glasses.

The flash is doing weird things to the lenses. They are NOT touching my face... it looks like they are. That must be a reflection of the flash or something.

I'll still wear my contacts most of the time -- but it'll be nice change to be able to wear glasses if I want, and not get a head ache because they are outdated.

Interesting thing about my visit to my optomologist. She had me return so I could get my eyes dilated. Oh joy... she mentioned to me that she could see evidence that my blood pressure was high. Oh really... that's nosey.

But -- that was the 3rd time in 4 weeks that I'd heard my blood pressure was too high for my own good. Usually -- when I hear things in threes, I start to pay attention. I mentioned that to her... that she was #3. She turned and looked at me and said, "Oh yeah, when the Lord brings something to my attention three times, I try to do something about it."

Hmm... yeah... um... OK. Did I mention she was a christian? She treated me like a sister. "Jennifer -- get it under control now, while it's easy, before there are permanent consequences."

So -- now I'll lose weight. Seriously... I will. Today -- one temptation passed by. I was in Wal-Mart by myself (dramatic pause) And I did NOT buy myself some candy and eat it all before I got home, so I didn't have to share with anyone or explain myself to anyone. Thank you Jesus for THAT smidgen of will power.

Did you know the optomologist could tell you that sort of thing? The eyes are the window to your soul, or the peeping tom at your scale. You choose.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Well, I think they are cute! I love new glasses, but they are hard to take a good photo of!
    ~Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them. I am like you and almost always have my contacts in. My glasses are getting harder and harder to see with. Bummer I really don't want to spend the money for new ones but it would be hard to drive with my current ones if something happened to my contacts. Not so good.
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the glasses!! And you CAN do this. Talk to Annette; she had been really working on her blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are totally cute!

    there's some herbals you can take if you want, the BIG things to watch for is hidden sodium in pacakeged products...even if it SAYS "low sodium" it usually is not. Check out the "DASH Diet For High Blood Pressure" by Thomas Moore...lots of very good information in there...getting it down naturally is best, but do NOT fear being on medication if it's needed!

    blessings!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it with us Phillips' and being tempted by food? Why can't it be alcohol. I hate the taste of any of it. I am having Jeremy take some girl scout cookies to the church today, but I can't just eat one. Hang in there. I am proud of you for listening to people with wisdom. It sure isn't easy.

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!