Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Baking Bread with Bekah


My friend Bekah came over this week.

YEAH!!

I love friends... especially ones who will come over.

We baked bread together.

What a blessing she is -- I love to read her blog, The Beginning Farmer's Wife, it's very inspiring. She and her husband want to live out in the boonies some day... and they are practicing right now so they will get it right when it happens in real life. Well -- sorta. He blogs too... and gets paid for it. Lucky! (Yeah... I know... luck has nothing to do with it. He's a smart guy, and his blog is a good read.)

I like her personality, if she doesn't know something, well -- who cares, let's just learn about it.

So -- she started making bread... only I can do it better. LOL No really... I can. Only because I had a friend teach me how, that's why. So I said, "Come on over!! I have no idea what you are doing wrong, but you can watch me." I betcha 10 bucks she's figured it out already -- she's that sort of a gal. Could be her pan size, could be needing to add some gluten, or dough enhancer, or she doesn't SLAM it, or that she uses a different sort of wheat. Who knows... I'm not an expert... but she will be some day. Just because she can!

I can't wait to read about her success on her blog.
°Ü°

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer-
    Great post!!! :) I finally got around to making a loaf of bread. I was going to send you a picture and tell you about it, but my hubby had the camera!! So I'll tell you the story and take a picture next time.

    So, I made a loaf of bread with your recipe and the red wheat. It turned out great!!!! (Even though I think I didn't add quite enough flour - it was VERY sticky to work with.) I was so excited, and Ethan was impressed.

    So right away I made another loaf with the golden wheat, but I used my old recipe to see if it was my recipe. Nope! That loaf turned out just like how you make them!! (I think I got it the right consistency this time.)

    So Ethan scarfed down slice after slice and just kept saying "Wow, This is Amazing!" I think you are his new best friend!!!

    Thank you so, so much for all of your hints and help. I'm sure it was my method that was wrong. Go figure since I kind of made it up myself. :) I had never made bread outside of a bread machine so I just kind of read about it on the internet and watched a few You Tubes. That just goes to show that there is no substitute for a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!! I'm so glad... especially since you are using a different sort of wheat... that made me afraid! See... it's that titus 2 thing... there is no writing down the strings in the dough or the tackiness... just HAVE to see it and touch it. (Well -- I do anyway).

    I knew you could do it... knew it.

    Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, sweet picture! Good to see you! I will be sure to check out her blog as well!
    Thanks for stopping over to my place, always nice to see the "~*~" that is you. I look forward to comments from you :) But I suppose you have your hands busy out there baking bread for all those cute kids! haha
    Glad you agree about the sweaters. I look at them, smile, and say, "Why mom, why?" (Thankfully, she was not expecting ME to wear it, she just got an after Christmas sale at Cracker Barrel for herself)

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!