Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Birthday To ME!

This birthday stuff gets more and more fun the older the kiddos get.

Tori, the 12 year old, made me a present this year. I'm holding a make up box. It is a wooden box with a lid with HINGES on it even. She cut it out (with a little help from her dad), hammered it together, put a handle on it and painted it. It's it pretty? It's being used right now. Full of make up. Sitting on my bathroom counter.



Then her brother wanted in on the deal. He's the one holding the camera. Mansel -- he made me a bench. Hammered together some wood and painted it. It sort of falls over, so I have it leaning into the corner in my living room. He has set a precedence for himself... he once gave me some of his own money for my birthday... and I was pregnant. I was so touched by that giving of something that was his that was precious to him... that I cried... of course. I was pregnant. I would have cried over dog pooh, I imagine. Now he wants me to cry over EVERY present. And he can tell if I'm faking it.



Their daddy likes to make me cry too. I got chocolate from the rest of the crew. YUM.
These are gone... good thing we took a photograph. Evidence. Oh my... heavenly.



Oh -- and how well does he know me?

Let me count the layers.


Yeah.. um... 4. FOUR luscious layers of chocolate. Plus the layers of chocolate goo in between the cake layers... and the chocolate frosting on top and around all the layers. This man knows me WELL... let me tell ya.

It's gone too... but I shared it. Yes I did. It took us 3 whole days to eat this cake. I do believe that set some sort of a record. It just kept getting better and better. Gooey, moist, chocolate scrumptiousness. I have been walking/jogging with my friends some... and I now weigh the most I've ever weighed. Thing this CAKE has anything to do with it? :sigh: Oh never mind.

Thanks Costco... I mean Dan. °Ü°

It WAS a happy birthday. THANKS!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

  1. When my birthday comes around, you can skip the sweet, thoughtful, handmade gifts and just give me that cake.

    And a fork.

    And a gallon of milk to wash it down with.

    YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had another thought---
    If I lived next door to you, I could've shaved two days off the life of that cake for ya.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Yum!!!! Awesome cake. Oh, yeah. Happy Birthday!

    Your kiddos are too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!

    Is that that All American cake from Costco? The one that weighs like 7 lbs.? The one that you can feel your blood sugar rising after you eat it?

    I'm about to go eat some right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! LOVE the gifts! The cake, well, I'd say "eat a piece for me", but apparently you have already;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! What lovely handmade gifts from you children - how special!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES Keer... 7 pounds.

    My dd said, "This 55# bag of dog food, and 7# cake cost the same amount."

    I told her to be quiet. LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOLOL i hope you lost that by now...
    happy late birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday a little late :)

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!