Sunday, August 19, 2007

WALK IN A MANNER WORTHY OF THE CALLING!

I have found my theme for the 2007-2008 school year. You didn't know I had themes? Neither did I. This is a first. So -- what do you think of our first theme?

Ephesians 4.1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

I'm reading a book by John MacArthur... you know how he encourages you to study, study, study God's word. Well -- I'm trying to study it. Today I read Psalm 119.11.. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. I feel I need to encourage my children to follow this plan as well. I need to really be encouraging them to walk the walk! Not just talk the talk. People are watching them. The olders have littles that are watching them and deciding right now... do I need Jesus?

My olders are watching me right now and deciding -- is this for real? Will I be living like this when I have my own house and my own family? They talk all the time about when they are grown up. Tori is going to have a horse, Mansel is going to have a dirt bike... do any of them think now... "I will have a relationship with Jesus like my Mom does."??

I'm going to read with the bigs today Proverbs 7 - how that young man handled temptation. He gave in to it... like an ox being led to slaughter. Bad results. (For the ox anyway). Then I'm going to read Gen 39. They can both read -- I think we'll all read it together. How did Joseph handle temptation? He FLED, and GOT HIM OUT! But if we are not reading the scriptures, and we are not applying them to our hearts... how will they ever know what to do and how to do it?

Psalm 119.9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.


Walk In A Manner Worthy Of The Calling!

2 comments:

  1. I like this post. I think you've inspired me! I'll have to dwell on this thought a little more, but it's along the same lines as something I've been thinking about lately.

    I just found your blog today, and I have to say I love your sense of humor. I'm a Charlotte Mason mom, too, and so I just wanted to pop in and say "Nice to meet you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great theme. My husband often says that without the character to carry the mantle we make a mockery of the calling. We certainly don't want our children to be called to a task and their character let them down! This is a great theme to keep in front of you as you start your year.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!