Thursday, July 26, 2007

How Walkable is Your house?

I just saw this today. It is a tool that will tell you your walk score. What is Walk Score? Walk Score helps people find walkable places to live. Walk Score calculates the walkability of an address by locating nearby stores, restaurants, schools, parks, etc.

Apparently it's good to walk places. You know -- good exercise, less green house stuff...

Any Hoo... guess what my score was.

No really -- guess.

OK -- 0 out of 100. LOL!!!

See -- I TOLD you I lived in the boonies. Actually -- they are missing the church and cemetery that is just 3/4 mile up the road. I could walk to a funeral, I guess. It's called the Olive Chapel. When I first moved here I was talking to the Pastor's Wife. I didn't realize that was where her husband preached. I exclaimed, "Oh -- you go to the Olive Garden Chapel?" No -- (shaking her head at me)... that's a RESTAURANT!!! Olive Garden... *sigh*... I'm hopeless.

The closest thing to me they have listed is Columbia Store and Tire. Guess what they sell. FOOD. HA haa! No really -- it's a restaurant, and they also fix tires. Oh my word... I'm making MYSELF laugh. It's 3.44 miles away. There is also a HARDWARE store in that town... people drive to it from miles around. It's not very "green"... not too many people can walk to it - but the farmers know it all around here. Now I can tell people I live 3.5 miles from McCorkles...due east... and they'll know right where I live. Now -- you stalkers... you just never mind that information, ya hear? (Don't worry Mom... if they are not a local farmer... they'll never find me.)

So -- click here to see how walkable your house is. Tell us your score in a comment! How Walkable is Your House?

7 comments:

  1. hey that's fun! i got a 51... even though i only walk to the library and occasionally a restaurant. the olive garden chapel? made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun! I scored a 35, but I think if I got it to narrow it to english speaking groceries stores, and hardware stores that aren't located in someones home (I never new that was there!), my score would probably be closer to a 3! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got an 86 out of 100! LOL But they didn't even count that my in-laws are moving 3 blocks away. And their apartment looks straight down our street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I got 0 out of 100 too!!! We're twins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got 8 out of 100 but I know that thing went by the zipcode because it was giving me stuff that is around the post office which is 20 miles off the top of the mountain I live on...

    Mine should have been more like a 0 because where we live on the mountain the nearest convenience stores are 6 miles in opposite directions and only thing in between is houses, 2 churches, land, land, land, land, and did I mention more land.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 40 out of 100

    Praising Him,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!