Saturday, July 14, 2007

Couch to 5K

I've started the Couch to 5K program, which can be found at the Cool Runnings Web-site.

If the Cool Runnings site overwhelms you -- let me tell you that it is possible to start small!!

Today -- I completed Day 3 of Week 3. So I say... W3D3 done. WOO HOO!! I discovered this from some on-line friends. They are waaaay ahead, but they are great encourager's.

Today -- I ran 3 minutes. Bah you say... that's peanuts. Well -- let me see YOU try it. HA HA!! You end up working out about 25-30 minutes total... but you only run/jog for 3 minutes at the most at a time. SO FAR... I started OUT running just 90 seconds... or maybe even 60 seconds... now I can't remember. But it was very small... so 3 minutes see LONG to me. It strengthened my prayer life. HA HA!! (You think I'm kidding!)

It's a 9 week program that can take you from sitting on your bum on the couch to running a 5K. I've got my sites set on running one in October. I know that's more than 9 weeks away - but I'm giving myself a cushion. Ü Plus it's cooler in October. LOL

What do you do for cardio exercise?

2 comments:

  1. Does chasing my children count?? I do yoga/pilates, but only once a week. Need to add that in a bit more. I USE to jog on the treadmill, but haven't in a long time. Maybe I'll check out that site. Great job on your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo for you! I did week 1 day 3 last night and then played tennis for twenty mins with my six year old. He woulda played tennis all night, I however felt ready to die!

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!