Friday, April 20, 2007

Pursuit of Happyness

Will Smith (in an Oscar-nominated role) and his real-life son Jaden star in this tearjerker about a struggling single parent determined to build a better life for himself and his child. Chris Gardner is smart and talented, but his dead-end salesman job barely pays the bills. When he and his 5-year-old son are evicted from their apartment, they face trying times as Chris takes on an unpaid internship at a stock brokerage firm with hopes of getting rich someday.


So says NETFLIX about the movie Pursuit of Happyness.

I previewed it tonight... I'm fairly certain I'm going to let my kiddos watch it this weekend. It's rated PG-13, and my rule is USUALLY rated G only. BUT -- this movie teaches so many life lessons -- we just could not duplicate them realistically.

BUT Man alive -- I've got a ton of questions for them after they watch this movie. They are going to think they are having homework or something. And if they EVER forget to give thanks to the mighty God we serve for all the blessings He has bestowed upon us -- I'm going to wring their scrawny little necks. ;) OK -- well -- that's a little extreme. This movie is a good one... fast forward through the scene with the scantily clad, very trim, angry wife. Silly woman...

So -- you don't need to RUN out and get this movie... but if you happen to have a chance to watch it -- I'd recommend it for the olders. I'll probably put the 5 and unders to bed.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite part was the last time they go to cash the check and the boy doesn't even act like he wants a candy bar. They focus on it for a nanosecond and the boys smiles and they leave the little store. I loved that part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh -- how observant you are... I did notice no candy bar -- but I didn't notice the kid didn't ask for one. Hmmm... you're thinkin'!!

    Another part I loved -- he paid a precious $8 for that bulb, then let the kid HOLD it. That's trust... he asked the kid to trust him, and he trusted the kid. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!