Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Book # 12

This is it -- my goal busting book.

Too bad it wasn't a better book that pushed me over the edge.

So B. It, a novel by Sarah Weeks.

The inside cover states,
"Although she lives an unconventional lifestyle with her mentally disabled mother and their doting neighbor, Bernadette, Heidi has a lucky streak that has a way of pointing her in the right direction. When a mysterious word in her mother's vocabulary begins to haunt her, Heidi's thirst for the truth leads her on a cross-country journey in search of the secrets of her past.


As I was typing, I thought -- well -- what sort of review is this? I thought so little of the book that I couldn't think of anything creative of my own to tell about it?

Some books are just like that -- too fluffy. No meat. This was not a sensational book. I wouldn't recommend it.

PLUS -- it skirts around the issue that she was conceived by 2 unmarried that were mentally retarded. Why even address that issue with young people? That still boggles my mind that adults feel like they need to write children's books with things that should only be spoken of in private in them, for all the world to see.

So -- skip this book too. My pile of library books that they children get to read is getting thin. We'll have to make another trip soon. Not batting a very good average with this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love commentors!!