Sunday, April 22, 2007

2 more books

I've added 2 more books to my ALREADY DONE READ list.

Call it Courage, by Armstrong Sperry -- that's a goodie. Found it at the local library. It reminded me that I need to be careful of what I say to my kiddos. They can really take it to heart and it may affect how they think about themselves.

Then The Midwife's Apprentice, by Karen Cushman, was a different story. I was 1/2 through when I noticed the nakedness on the front cover. Good grief... this was a book I found in the children's section. I was hoping my little weren't more attentive than I was. Thankfully I pre-read new books before I hand them over to my kiddos. I wouldn't recommend this book for children. It's an adult subject... being a midwife. Why is there a children's book about this topic? Not for my kiddos. So -- I'd skip this one -- it's not necessary.

But -- I added to to my list. I was thinking of only adding my "adult" books to my list... but I learned some new things from the Call It Courage book -- it was a beneficial read -- so I guess the reading level doesn't necessarily determine whether it will get listed in my "Book I've Read" list. Just whether I've finished them or not... I'm almost to 12 -- and it's not even summer time here yet. Next year I'll have to set my goal a little higher. I'm going to be reading, reading this summer... new school books. I love pre-reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love commentors!!