Tuesday, August 26, 2008

He pays attention to details that way -- He's that kind of a God

Recently Dan and I had a discussion -- a money discussion. We agreed... yes we did too -- stop laughing... We agreed to stop spending so much. There -- that wasn't so hard.

We agreed on some other stuff too -- but this is a family blog. LOL Rated G... so there.

But -- since we've decided to stop spending so much, I think God has perked up his ears and started paying attention.

Here are a few examples.

I went to our local farmers market to buy me a pig. Not really -- to buy some sweet corn to put up for the winter. When I saw the sticker $5/dozen, I thought they were crazy and I told them so. Not really... I said, "Thank you for telling me," and I didn't buy any. None at all. So there. How is that for sticker SHOCK!

I came home and the very next day a neighbor drove up and said, "Do you like sweet corn?"

Well -- SURE, sure we do.

We could pick all we wanted, when ever we wanted, and pay nothing. Yippee!! So I picked me some corn and put it up for the winter and I praised the Lord. He provided. We wanted corn -- he didn't give us Lima beans. Isn't that nice of God -- he pays attention to details like that. He's that kind of a God.

AND

I think I already told you about Uncle George and his fair maiden Aunt Joyce. They blessed us over and over and over again with all those baseballs, and soft balls, and gloves, and bats, and a net thingie that is still up in our garage. What a blessing. Uncle George did not bring us down a pogo stick. We are not pogo'ers... although we could probably learn, but we do play softball and baseball, and one of us is even left handed, and did you know Uncle George brought a left handed glove down here. We serve a great God... he pays attention to small left handed details too. He's that kind of a God.

AND

Some blessed soul gave us a check for $xxx.xx I'm not telling -- it's a secret and this is a family blog, and if I told you the secret -- then I'd have to kill you... that's not very family blogish, now is it? After they handed us the check -- they said, "So - how much would you think you would need for curriculum this year?" I quoted them a number. They nodded and said, "Well well well... isn't that swell." OK - not really, but it rhymes, and it's similar to what they said. After they left and we said thank you over and over again and wiped the tears from our eyes... yes we did too... we opened up the check. JUST THE EXACT AMOUNT I QUOTED TO THEM!!! Yes it was. It was too... I serve a God who likes to meet your needs to the penny. He knew the details even before I SAID THEM OUT LOUD -- He pays attention that way -- He's that kind of a God.


PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW

PRAISE HIM ALL CREATURES HERE BELOW

PRAISE HIM ABOVE YE HEAVENLY HOSTS

PRAISE FATHER SON AND HOLY GHOST

AMEN

Thank you God -- My heart over floweth with praise for you today.

8 comments:

  1. Isn't that just so cool! I love God. Thank you for blessing us by sharing what God has done!
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so encouraging to read. Thank you for that. I have had a discouraging day but when you look at the blessings that God gives every moment.. just those little things like a hug from a friend or encouraging words that remind you to look for those blessings every day, that is a great God.

    Thanks for letting Him shine through you!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is awesome and will always provide. I have countless stories of His specific provision over the years as we've lived on one income and a teacher's salary in the south at that. God has faithfully provided all of our needs as well as some wants--even black patent leather shoes for my little girl one time. Even vehicles! God is Jehovah Jireh (the Lord provides).

    ReplyDelete
  4. now you've done it...i'm crying again

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is so great! WOW! I just love when He sets up situations like that! He must have fun seeing our faces when the light turns on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God knew one or the both of you would need to see some very tangible signs that he was going to provide. All that stuff is from God I believe. Not just a coincidence. I also believe God loves it when we come together on things as a couple, even the non G rated stuff. Thank you so much for sharing. I am praising the Lord right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard through the grapevine that someone offered to pay your way for a special family trip. I hope that you see that as a blessing as well and nothing other than that. I pray that you and your husband will be able to accept that gift and see it as just that. That was a little preachy sounding. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!