Monday, June 23, 2008

God's Promise



Saturday evening we has a small rain shower -- after a bit we discovered a double rainbow. Isn't it beautiful? I'm not sure I've seen a double rainbow in real life.

My brother-in-law Randy and his wife Karol were on their way to our house -- they called and alerted us of it. They were driving along and could see the ENTIRE bow... from end to end. I'm not sure I've seen a rainbow with all the colors so distinct.

Isn't God's creation awesome?



p.s. My friend Bekah lives in town -- and she got a photo of the WHOLE THING and posted it at her blog The Beginning Farmer's Wife. It's beautiful!

6 comments:

  1. Oh those photos are stunning! I bet seeing them with your own eyes was awesome! Thanks for the beautiful post...best of wishes for selling your books and what not :)
    ~Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is awesom!
    Barb in WV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I think I saw that same rainbow in Knoxville. It is also on my blog. :) We were able to see it end to end. Absolutely beautiful! The colors were just as bright - I think you got a great photo of the colors. At times, it looked like there were more colors past the purple showing than the usual rainbow colors.

    Also, did you notice that the top rainbow's colors are opposite of the bottom rainbow's colors. My theory is that filling in - in between them - there are more colors of the spectrum that our eyes cannot see - but someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bekah -- I did NOT notice the reverse... WOW

    Did you at one moment see a triple?

    I thought I did -- mentioned it... and no one else saw it... then a man in church said HE thought he saw a triple!! WOW... it really was a sight to behold.

    The trees were blocking our view... my BIL said he could see the whole thing from end to end and it almost seem to LIGHT UP the field it ended in. THAT'S probably why people say there is a pot of gold at the end. LOL It seemed to be shining.

    I'll have to go check YOUR rainbow photo.

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!