Monday, October 26, 2009

Granola

My friend Debra recently gave me this granola recipe.  It's GREAT!!  I made a double batch this week -- and I thought of you... my blog readers... I bet you'd love this recipe too!  °Ü°  So you know me... I love to share.


We eat it on yogurt, or as cereal... or just plain, actually -- it makes a great snack!!


5 cups of quick oats -- OK -- so I use the old fashioned oats I get from the co-op
1/2 c dry milk
cinnamon - I put tons on
3/4 c brown sugar
1/3 c EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1/3 c honey


You can add almonds or nuts of your choice, or dry fruit, or flax seed.  I had nothing exrra -- so I added nothing.   OK -- so I had flax seed, but I was too lazy to grind them.


In a baking pan, mix oats, dry milk, cinnamon, nuts or flax seed, if you choose.


In saucepan mix brown sugar, EVOO and honey.  Bring to a boil, pour over dry mixture, stir well.


Then bake in 350° over for 20-25 minutes ( or longer).  Stirring about every 5 minutes.  To help me with this -- since I am easily distracted... I use 2 timers.  Yes I do too.... quit laughing - but my granola doesn't get burned that way... so there.  


Take out of oven add dry fruit pour out unto waxed paper then cool.  .  Store in airtight container.


It will take about 20 minutes to crunch up... but it will.  Don't eat it all while it's gooey -- it's even better crunchy.  LOL


So -- now tell me how you use granola?  Do you make your own?  What do you add to it?  


ENJOY!!  We love this recipe and hope you will too.


Thanks Debra.

4 comments:

  1. OK dear Jennifer...I'm going to make this! It's been too many years since I last made my own granola and I was just telling the girls that we need to bake some again. Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great recipe! I'll have to try it soon. I like it on yogurt myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to make this again today... lost my hand written recipe. I'm so glad I blogged about this. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again I'm making this... still my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!