Friday, October 23, 2009

Danielle's 6th Birthday


Danielle turned 6 this year... so you know what THAT means.  She got to have a friends party.  Really crazy -- when I started that rule, I had like 1 kid.  So I never dreamed we'd have a kids party at our house only 2 weeks apart... but that's is what happens when one turns 10 on 08/31 and one turns 6 on 09/15.  THAT my friend is 2 weeks apart.  That is why I haven't blogged about it yet... I'm just now recovering from that much activity in such a short time.  LOL  

They DIDN'T even attempt to swim in September... the water was COLD... so they just ate ice cream cake instead.  LOL  She wanted Subways from Subway - of course, and a DQ Ice cream cake.  A totally CHOCOLATE ice cream cake.  That's my girl... it was delicious.   We normally do a normal home made cake, like you saw that Milo's was.  But for friends parties... we splurge.  In only do them when they are 6, 10 and 16... so you know... that's spread apart... right?  :sigh:  Just about broke the bank... but that's ok... how often do we have a friends party anyway?  I've already figured that the next one will be in 2 years... when Wayne turns 6... then 4 months later when Milo turns 10.  LOL  Look at that... 2 more again in the same year... at least it won't be 2 weeks apart.  Oh wait... 2 more years... Tori will turn 16... in August.  June, Aug., and October... friends parties.  I'd better start saving NOW.  

WHO THOUGHT OF THIS RULE ANYWAY??  Me...

But you know what?  All I have to do is look at that grin on that little girl's face up above and it's all worth it.  Right?  Right.  

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, look at those smiles! It makes it all worth it!! We've mixed this up over the years, where we've done only family celebrations, having a sleep over party (ok we've only done one so far), and had a party out while inviting limited number of kids. A friend of mine has always done "the age of the child =the number of kids" which while they're younger is great, but the older they get means the more kids! LOL

    Hope you're all recovered!

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!