Thursday, June 14, 2007

~~ Beautiful Before and After ~~

 



Here is my 11 year old dear daughter. Pigtails... that's the normal hair-do. Easy -- predictable -- frizzy more often than not. She yearned for straight hair -- poor girl -- she just wasn't born with it.

 


So we took her to a salon. Woo Hoo! I asked the stylist to explain to her what she was doing -- so Tori could duplicate the process at home. She came home with 2 bottles of product. They cost more than the hair cut did. YIKES! PLUS we had to go out and buy a new FLAT iron. No curls... just flatness. Now she is set. Loverly long silky straight hair. Not natural by any means... but lovely!

 


And of course her brother... he just wanted his snoze in front of the camera... so I made him pose too. He's got no shame... just as long as he is in the photo -- that's what counts.

I tried straightening my hair with the product and the flat iron... for some reason -- it's not so lovely. Probably that thinning, and my hair badly needs a trimming going on, but not until January 2008 -- doesn't make a great straight hair cut do. I'll stick with curly -- at least until January!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Gwenhwyfar, she looks older than 11 with straight hair!! Gorgeous!! Deciding right now to leave my girls in braids as long as possible, lol. She is beautiful!! And the camera ham is priceless. I love that boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Braids are a GOOD thing! ;)

    My little 11yo still plays with dolls and horses. I'm not pushing "maturity" at all! Ü But it's sneaking up on me. Vewy vewy quickly!

    An older wiser friend told me Sunday... the next 10 will go as fast as the last 10 ya' know. She'll soon be married.

    STOP!!! I WILL NOT DISCUSS MARRIAGE OF ANY OF MY CHILDREN AT THIS TIME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is lovely, she looks so much older with her hair straight and fixed, oh, that's probably not a good thing.

    You're not cutting your hair for a year?! I can hold off for 3-4 months, but then I can't get a brush through all the tangles and I have to go get it trimmed. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read the first comment, sorry...I should just say she looks really pretty and young.

    ReplyDelete
  5. April -- I'm a curly girl. Once I fix my hair in the morning -- I don't touch it again until I get in the shower the next morning. Sounds gross doesn't it? You get used to it... no more hair fixin for me! I've got a head full of curls! I let 'em fly! Ü

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!