Saturday, February 3, 2007

a MUST see movie!!!

Facing the Giants is a fantastic movie! My dh's friend from work dropped it off at our house this morning. I had never heard of it before today. Amazingly enough, I just read about it on a MOMYS e-mail loop.

It's available from NETFLIX now... and my dh saw it available at Wal-Mart yesterday. If there is anyway possible... I recommend you go and get this movie and view it with your family.

This movie was created by a CHURCH. All through the movie I kept thinking, "There is no way this is a Hollywood movie." But the quality is Hollywood quality. Very good sound. The acting isn't B movie acting, but it isn't superbly polished... but by the end of the movie -- that didn't matter much, because I was watching it through my tears.

What an amazing message. They take the gospel of Jesus Christ and they just splay it out for all to see. I want to say THANK YOU to Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, GA for putting themselves out on the line for Jesus. Donating time, and resources. Fantastic ministry this is. Thank you for making this available to us. Thank you for giving us a tool to talk about Jesus. Thank you for giving us a tool to present Jesus to our children in another positive way.

Coach Mark Richt appeared as himself in the movie Facing the Giants, which is a bonus at our house. We really appreciate Mr. Richt and all he is doing to proclaim the gospel in his line of work. He is making a big impact in his arena. Praise God for that!

Fantastic Movie!!! Fantastic... Let me know what you think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for recommending this movie. I've read others review, but I appreciated your giving glory to the Lord.

    I had just put this to the top of my Netflix que this am.

    I enjoyed reading through your last few entries. Great book recommendations. Experiencing God through Prayer sounds wonderful.

    Wishing you a warm day,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now... my dh went to Wal-Mart and bought it. He was really impressed. It's a keeper! Ü

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!