Saturday, February 3, 2007

Experiencing GOD...

Another book read. I'll admit -- some of these are smallish books -- I probably shouldn't count them as 1 book read... but content wise... this is the BIGGEST book so far, for me. Whoa!!!

Experiencing God through PRAYER, by Madame Guyon.

One of my biggest fears, and I think I blogged about it... is losing the hearts of my dear children. So as I was reading along in this little book, I kept thinking, "Man alive... I should read this out loud to the kiddos. They need to know this. I wonder if they could catch this if we read it slow and all together?" Then she wrote,
I beseech you all, especially those in charge of other souls, teach them at once the way of Jesus Christ. No, not I, but Jesus Himself calls you to this by the very blood He has shed for those entrusted to you
Oh... I guess that answers my question. I'm fairly certain she is talking to the preachers and teachers in that sentence, but according to the Bible, I'm the one who should be teaching my children in the way that they should go.

Teach the young to pray, not by reasoning or by method or by understanding, but by the prayer from the heart -- the prayer of God's Spirit rather than man's invention.
That's exactly it -- that's the answer to my question. I am going to use this book with them. I'm going to start today!

Go, then, you poor children, to your heavenly Father. Speak in your natural language. Although it may be simple and crude to you, it is not so to Him. An earthly father is more pleased to be addressed with love and respect because it comes from the heart rather than with dry, barren, elaborate words. Undisguised emotions of love are infinitely more expressive than all language or reasoning.


I'm shaking my head at how I am seeing the Holy Spirit work in my life. Matthew 11.25 says, "I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and has reveals them unto babes." Thank you for making the simple wise. I pray that my children will catch it and the matters of the heart will become very important to them. Learn at a young age to trust in you and Experience you! Experience GOD!

Oh and... where did I find this book? From paperback swap... of course. Haven't you signed up yet? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love commentors!!