Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Did you know?


I learned something new in 2012.

I have a TIMER on my clothes washing machine.

I can load that sucker up with filthy clothes right before I go to bed.  Fill it up with soap - then set the TIMER to start washing first thing in the morning... actually 45 minutes BEFORE I wake up - so when I hear the "chime" that it is done washing, I can hop out of bed, and put it in the dryer, before it starts to smell all moldy and musty... unlike before - if I were to start a load say... 45 minutes BEFORE I went to bed... then forgot about it as I walked by in my exhausted state that is normal for me at bedtime...  let's see... where was I?  

Anyway - I can even set the washing machine up BEFORE I hit that exhausted state... I can set it up for HOURS before my wake up time.  Normally I set it to start in 9 hours... and get 8 hours of sleep.  Perfect fit for me.

I love that trick... so here I set - coffee sipped, eggs and sausage consumed, and one load of clothes WASHED, and I'm going to go put it in the dryer... all before... 7:00 a.m.  (That's a lie actually - because I'm typing this in the middle of the day on the 2nd and am going to "schedule" it to post on the 9th at 7:00 a.m)  :)  That's another wonderful thing - I can also schedule blogs... then my posts don't get all moldy and musty from setting around getting unread due to OVERKILL!!  :)  I'll spread them out... why your welcome.  


1 comment:

  1. I might be a little envious about your fancy schmancy washer with a timer. ;) I've had mine for 10-1/2 years, and it's been acting up lately, but I'm hoping it will give me a couple more years. If it doesn't, though, I'd say a decade is pretty good, especially considering all the laundry I've done in that time. Whew!

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!