Saturday, October 6, 2007

Cool Running

I'm about to head out the door to jog/walk this morning. It's a beautiful 70° outside this morning! Great jogging/walking weather.

I'm working toward being able to run a 5K.

I'm using the program called Couch to 5K. Never mind that they call you a couch potato... it's a great program. I've got several on-line friends that are using this program. I've started it 2 times... this is my third.

The first time I used it -- I was 20 pounds heavier. My knees would hurt after I ran. That was several years ago. Then I started it this summer... if you remember, I got COVERED in poison ivy. You're not supposed to sweat when you are covered in poison ivy. So -- since running in the summer made me sweat... I stopped... thinking it would only be for a while. Well - you know me. Once I quit... I sort of lost any momentum I'd built up -- so it was a permanent quit. Now -- I'm getting lower in weight... a bit lower... and feeling like I'm stalling. So I'm going to start the program AGAIN and really try to push through this plateau. I'm on Week 1 Day 3 this morning. It starts out easy. Walk 5 minutes for a warm up. Jog 60 seconds Walk 90 seconds. I take my kitchen timer with me. Do this for a total of 20 minutes.

Here I go... anyone going to join me?

2 comments:

  1. woo hoo! I have also started twice...one of these days I'll finish the program. For now, I'll just cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!! Good for you. You can do it. I started back to jogging two weeks ago. A neighbor friend asked me if I wanted to start running with her once a week and now we are going three times a week. I have never run with anyone before for fear of being compared. I hate that by the way, being compared to other women. We aren't supposed to use the word hate in our house, but my children can't read yet. Keep it up Jennifer and remember you may not see a weight loss with this running because your muscle weighs more.....yada, yada, yada.

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!