Saturday, October 6, 2007

Cool Running

I'm about to head out the door to jog/walk this morning. It's a beautiful 70° outside this morning! Great jogging/walking weather.

I'm working toward being able to run a 5K.

I'm using the program called Couch to 5K. Never mind that they call you a couch potato... it's a great program. I've got several on-line friends that are using this program. I've started it 2 times... this is my third.

The first time I used it -- I was 20 pounds heavier. My knees would hurt after I ran. That was several years ago. Then I started it this summer... if you remember, I got COVERED in poison ivy. You're not supposed to sweat when you are covered in poison ivy. So -- since running in the summer made me sweat... I stopped... thinking it would only be for a while. Well - you know me. Once I quit... I sort of lost any momentum I'd built up -- so it was a permanent quit. Now -- I'm getting lower in weight... a bit lower... and feeling like I'm stalling. So I'm going to start the program AGAIN and really try to push through this plateau. I'm on Week 1 Day 3 this morning. It starts out easy. Walk 5 minutes for a warm up. Jog 60 seconds Walk 90 seconds. I take my kitchen timer with me. Do this for a total of 20 minutes.

Here I go... anyone going to join me?