Thursday, March 29, 2007

Proverbs 29.1

Wow -- have you read that verse?

Here -- I'll write it out for you.
Pro 29:1 He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.


I'm amazed that God doesn't suddenly destroy more people.

Henry said this...
The issue of this obstinacy is to be greatly dreaded: Those that go on in sin, in spite of admonition, shall be destroyed; those that will not be reformed must expect to be ruined; if the rods answer not the end, expect the axes. They shall be suddenly destroyed, in the midst of their security, and without remedy; they have sinned against the preventing remedy, and therefore let them not expect any recovering remedy. Hell is remediless destruction. They shall be destroyed, and no healing, so the word is. If God wounds, who can heal?


That makes more sense that what my little pea brain was thinking. Hell. I was caught up by the word "suddenly".

2 friends and I were discussing this last night in church. We can see some young people making bad choices. I want so badly to say, "Hey -- look at me... I'm an example. I made bad choices... do you want to end up like me?" Well -- Praise the Lord actually -- I got reproofs and only by the grace of God am I living the life I'm living today. I've said many times, if it weren't for God, I'd be in jail or worse. The friends I was talking to last night just shook their head. "They won't listen." Well -- most of the time they don't. I'm not sure if I would have listened as a teenager. Would I have? But the older I got... the consequences got more and more weighty. I finally did listen to a dear friend, when she warned me of what was ahead of I left my family for those selfish reasons I had all thought up. Praise the Lord for sending her my way.

So -- whose to say the young people won't listen? I'm praying now that the Lord will soften their hearts, and if it's the Lord's will for me to say something -- He will present an opportunity. He will open the door -- and open it wide!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad God was with me when I was young. I never did anything too stupid, but I did my share of questioning and disagreeing until I had no choice, but to be reformed and let God show me his will.....not mine.

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!