Saturday, March 10, 2007

Grandparents are a Lovely Thing



My parents are visiting. We are the in between spot. They had a meeting in Des Moines, now they are waiting for my little sister to deliver her special baby soon... very soon. So while they are waiting they are visiting us. I'm so very happy, because we don't get to see them all that often.

We have been creating memories. One memory took place at an old covered bridge. A bit off of the beaten path, but it was worth the drive. It's only about 10 minutes from our house and we thought we'd share. It was fun watching the ice float down the creek and plunge over the edge of the dam. Small dam, actually it's floating over a "Missouri crossing". Usually the water flows under the road through a small culvert, but during high water times -- like when the ice and snow is all melting -- the water rises above the road and flows over the road. So we stood on the old bridge that is not used for cars anymore, and watched the water run under. Fun times.

I'm really enjoying listening to my children get acquainted with my parents. Building memories. Fun tims!

2 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT picture. Is everyone really in line from oldest to youngest? Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well actually (my mom is older than my dad)... shhhh... don't tell. Ü But the kiddos are lined up that way. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!