Thursday, January 14, 2010

Foor for Fines Day


Monday January 18, 2010
Food For Fines Day
Patrons may bring in non-perishable food in good condition to pay off library fines. Each food item = $1.00.



This coincides with Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  They are collecting food for the food pantry in town - doing a service on two ends.  The national Martin Luther King Day of Service was started by former Pennsylvania U.S. Senator Harris Wofford and Atlanta Congressman John Lewis, who co-authored the King Holiday and Service Act. The federal legislation challenges Americans to transform the King Holiday into a day of citizen action volunteer service in honor of Dr. King.1


So -- our library even has an electronic card catalog that we can look at from home.  We can put books on hold, check for availability, RENEW THEM on-line.  My goodness... I should never have an excuse for any overdue books.  Yet Monday I'll be taking in a flat of canned goods to eliminate my fines again this year.  

Woe is me!!

How do YOU organize your library books at home and keep from being late or overdue?

I need all the help I can get here friends.  

1 From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia