Thursday, January 14, 2010

Foor for Fines Day


Monday January 18, 2010
Food For Fines Day
Patrons may bring in non-perishable food in good condition to pay off library fines. Each food item = $1.00.



This coincides with Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  They are collecting food for the food pantry in town - doing a service on two ends.  The national Martin Luther King Day of Service was started by former Pennsylvania U.S. Senator Harris Wofford and Atlanta Congressman John Lewis, who co-authored the King Holiday and Service Act. The federal legislation challenges Americans to transform the King Holiday into a day of citizen action volunteer service in honor of Dr. King.1


So -- our library even has an electronic card catalog that we can look at from home.  We can put books on hold, check for availability, RENEW THEM on-line.  My goodness... I should never have an excuse for any overdue books.  Yet Monday I'll be taking in a flat of canned goods to eliminate my fines again this year.  

Woe is me!!

How do YOU organize your library books at home and keep from being late or overdue?

I need all the help I can get here friends.  

1 From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2 comments:

  1. Our books mostly stay on the bookshelf by the front door. We switched to only using the base library. No late fees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a book basket that sits on the floor in our living room. That's where the checked out books go when they are not being read. Although, now that the kids are older, we use our HOME library more than the public library. I have a book problem . . . of a different type!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!