Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Anti-Virus Protection

I'm not sure if I've blogged about this or not. My new fancy smancy computer -- it's SLOW!! It wasn't slow when we brought it home... and it wasn't slow when I loaded it up with a bunch of pictures... and it wasn't slow when my kiddos played games on here... and it wasn't slow when we took it out to test the wifi (don't tell... we stole Walmart's free wifi). But it sure is slow now. We think that happened when we started using CA Security. It's free you know... well... nothing is free, I guess. Free of $$, but it was robbing my time!! It slowed our fancy smancy computer WAAAAY down.

My dh was getting very irritable when ever he had to use this thing.

So -- he did some searching.

We've switched... now we are going to use BitDefender. Ever hear of it?

Well -- I did some searching of my own and found a coupon. We got this downloaded for $18.99. (regularly $29.95) One years worth. What do you think? Was it a smart move? We'll see. So far the computer is back up to speed. It says right there in black and white... "reduces the system load and...blah blah blah" so it shouldn't slow down the computer.

Here -- read it for yourself if ya want to.

===========================BitDefender Antivirus 2009===========================

BitDefender Antivirus 2009 provides
proactive state of the art protection against e-threats such as viruses, spyware
and phishing attacks which can lead to loss of personal files, identity theft
and slower system performance.

Services:----------Hassle – Free
Hourly Updates Your copy of BitDefender will be updated 24 times a day over the
Internet, directly or through a Proxy Server. The product is able to repair
itself, if necessary, by downloading the damaged or missing files from
BitDefender servers.
FREE 24/7 SupportOffered online by qualified support
representatives and by accessing an online database with answers to Frequently
Asked Questions.

Features:----------
ANTIVIRUS, ANTISPYWARE
& ANTIROOTKIT• Protects your PC in real time against known viruses, spyware
and other malware• Blocks unknown viruses using advanced proactive detection
techniques• Detects and removes hidden threats (rootkits)• Provides a smooth
gaming experience by reducing the system load to a minimum • Monitors and
prevents potential spyware threats in real-time
ANTI-PHISHING• Protects
against phishing attempts by filtering all accessed web pages• Reduces the
risk of identity theft by preventing personal information leaks via e-mail
or web.
PRIVACY CONTROL• Blocks attempted identity theft• Prevents personal
information from leaking via e-mail, web or instant messaging.
IM ENCRYPTION•
Keeps your IM traffic private and protected from eavesdropping• Keeps your
conversartions private on Yahoo! Messenger (version 8.1 or higher) and Windows
Live (MSN) Messenger (version 8.5 or higher)
FILE VAULT• Securely stores
personal information or sensitive files.
HOME MANAGEMENT• Manages the
security of your entire home network from a single, authorized station
GAME
MODE• Reduces the system load and avoids user interaction requests during
games.
LAPTOP MODE• Prolongs battery life by tuning all products settings in
order to save power consumption
VULNERABILITY• Verifies if crucial software
on your PC is up-to-date. • Checks passwords to Windows accounts against
security rules.


Bitdefender -- found at CitationSoft.

Back up to speed... praise the Lord -- maybe I'll blog more now.


3 comments:

  1. We use Avast and have for years. My dh is a computer geek and loathes slow computers. this works great for us! www.avast.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabby,
    I used BitDefender 2008 last year on my new Dell lappie and I liked it.
    So I bought the 2009 version and I like it so far too.
    It even plays well with Vista.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. we use AVG or AGV or I thin it is AVG. It's free. And doesn't slow us down. I'll tell Roy about the ones listed though.

    What would really help is to get rid of this stupid word verification thing.

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!