Friday, May 4, 2007

Another Round

I lost 5 pounds during biggest loser round 6, at my HearthKeepers message board. Blech... sort of a sorry loss.

I'm starting Biggest Loser Round 7 today. (BL7)

There is always a lot of excitement when we start a new round. Fresh photos. New scales... speaking of which. My new scales weigh be heavier than my old ones. Instant 5 pound weight gain. That was a little depressing... but oh well. I'm starting fresh.

I plan on sticking with 1400 calories per day. I am not just restricting calories. I'm going to shoot for lower carbs. Better carbs, when I do eat them. W.W. bread, brown whole grain rice, no white sugar, if possible. I'll try to stick to sweets on Sunday only, then just 1 serving. I'm going to keep on using my small salad plate. I have gotten Jorge Cruise's book 8 Minutes in the Morning, and it includes an eating plan where you use cards to keep track of your food. I've got my eating card system ready to go.

I still plan on exercising 5-6 days a week. Now we get bonus points for weight training. Hooray! I like that. I work out with weights 3 or more times a week. So that's good for me. I like being toned!

Water -- my down fall. I've read that if I will drink my weight in ounces of water each day -- that helps you lose more rapidly. So -- that's my goal. My minimum requirement is 100 oz. a day.

Here we go -- another 8 weeks. My goal will be to lose 16 pounds this round. No puny 5 pounds here. Although it is nice that I've lost 5 pounds and not gained it back. But I want it to be in the double digits!!! Any thing less will be disappointing!

My new team for BL7? The SOWERS. Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

We will be Sowing good habits, and reaping a harvest of weight loss at the end!

6 comments:

  1. Jennifer! I hope you are pleased with your results this time around. I'm excited, but very nervous too. I would also like to see a double digit loss, but that would be like a miracle in my book!!

    Here's to healthy competition and GETTING healthy!!!!!!!!

    beth in nc from HK

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Jennifer!! email me please, i have some info to passon to you :-D

    hippiechyck at hotmail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of my teammates checking out the competitions!!! Get out of here ladies and don't forget to drink your water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ü LOL!! You all know -- that every WANTS to be a SOWER... just that not every one CAN be!!


    Sowing good habits to reap great rewards of permanent weight loss!! That's our plan!

    THANKS for the comments Dandy Lions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you, Jennifer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer..... At least you're leasing.. that is good!
    I have joined a group too and hope the accountabity motivates me!

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!