Friday, May 4, 2007

Another Round

I lost 5 pounds during biggest loser round 6, at my HearthKeepers message board. Blech... sort of a sorry loss.

I'm starting Biggest Loser Round 7 today. (BL7)

There is always a lot of excitement when we start a new round. Fresh photos. New scales... speaking of which. My new scales weigh be heavier than my old ones. Instant 5 pound weight gain. That was a little depressing... but oh well. I'm starting fresh.

I plan on sticking with 1400 calories per day. I am not just restricting calories. I'm going to shoot for lower carbs. Better carbs, when I do eat them. W.W. bread, brown whole grain rice, no white sugar, if possible. I'll try to stick to sweets on Sunday only, then just 1 serving. I'm going to keep on using my small salad plate. I have gotten Jorge Cruise's book 8 Minutes in the Morning, and it includes an eating plan where you use cards to keep track of your food. I've got my eating card system ready to go.

I still plan on exercising 5-6 days a week. Now we get bonus points for weight training. Hooray! I like that. I work out with weights 3 or more times a week. So that's good for me. I like being toned!

Water -- my down fall. I've read that if I will drink my weight in ounces of water each day -- that helps you lose more rapidly. So -- that's my goal. My minimum requirement is 100 oz. a day.

Here we go -- another 8 weeks. My goal will be to lose 16 pounds this round. No puny 5 pounds here. Although it is nice that I've lost 5 pounds and not gained it back. But I want it to be in the double digits!!! Any thing less will be disappointing!

My new team for BL7? The SOWERS. Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

We will be Sowing good habits, and reaping a harvest of weight loss at the end!