Friday, February 26, 2010

New Thing

I have HEARD this before... but yesterday it really HIT me.


God is soverign.  I know that.

SO when I'm thinking... "WHAT??  Why is this happening?  How can this be in your plan?  I'm ruining EVERYTHING!!  My children -- HELP!"

God is saying... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP --  "This is a test. Your God is conducting a test of the Conforming them to the image of His Own Son system. This is only a test."

 So - now I have posted by my sink.  THIS IS ONLY A TEST... °Ü°


1Pe 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4  To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5  Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1Pe 1:6  Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1Pe 1:7  That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1Pe 1:8  Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1Pe 1:9  Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.


Paul David Tripp says, "God is at work in every situation to conform us to the image of his Son.... God is at work to complete the work of salvation He began before the earth was made... We ought to greet trials with joy because God is using them to complete us.  We can view trials as the means by which we receive the goal of our faith, the salvation of our souls."  I may just start calling some people by their real name -- "Hey Trial -- nice to see you.  See the joy on my face!?!  Really -- I'm being conformed just by you being in the same room as me."  (Ok -- could you hear the sarcasm?  I hope so.)

I have heard these things before -- but it got hammered into my heart yesterday.  I need to give up my "control" of my circumstances -- they often are a result or a consequence of some choice I have made, but sometimes they are not.  I can not make anyone not be rude... but when they are rude... THIS IS ONLY A TEST!!  It's not a personal failing of mine, and I need to keep my focus on Jesus Christ, and know that I am being conformed into His image.  Praise God!

I am enjoying going through Paul David Tripp's book War of Words with my Wednesday Night Group.  Thank you for leading that Dave Hendricks, and offering it Grace Baptist Church.  Appreciate it!  No really... I do... I like being broken down and reshaped... I do...really...

2 comments:

  1. Um... I picked up a new book at the library yesterday too. Funny God's timing. The civility solution : what to do when people are rude by P.M. Forni.

    Great little book so far. This is the type of book I like.... "this happens -- so then you say this."

    It is also helping me realize that if another person says, "That is rude", then I'm not crazy... people ARE rude.. it's not my imagination. LOL (Or... I'm not "being too sensitive".)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks -- lately it seems my whole life is one big test (and I forgot to study).

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!