Monday, May 31, 2010

Family Closet

Well -- now -- that's probably not exactly what you are thinking... I'm pretty sure.

I bet my family DOES have things hidden in a closet -- but what about a FAMILY CLOSET at my house -- where the whole family has their stuff in ONE PLACE!!

My on-line friend Ginger has a family closet at her place and I was just drooling reading about it on her blog. Isn't that the coolest idea or WHAT? (I'm assuming you clicked on the link and read her post).

I want one.

Do you?

Where would you put one?  My laundry room is upstairs -- our folded laundry sits in the hallway and it's annoying, until it gets pulled too and fro so much that it ends up back in the dirty clothes -- and I know it's not dirty because it's still partially folded... but alas... after sitting in a basket with dirty underware -- it now does not smell spring clean.  :gag:  So I must re-wash it... or the wearer of said stinky still folded clothes would highly offend people that day.

We've got the room... I've got a guest bedroom--- and a classroom and a den that I could somehow blend together.  I EVEN have a girls room right across from teh laundry room that I could use and I could put the girls in the guest bedroom.  Hmm...  thinking... thinking...  The guests could sleep somewhere else.  The classroom maybe, and then, then... we could put all the books in the den.  I'd have to prune a few books... WAIT A MINUTE... I could put some books in the FAMILY CLOSET... books on one side... the clothes on the other side of the room.  Oh my word... I'm getting all excited!! 

I LOVE this idea Ginger --- you know what else?  I love sharers... Ginger is a sharer... I've asked someone to teach me to make home made noodles... it's never happened... and here Ginger shares her pictures of her Family Closet -- and I didn't even have to ask. 

What a gal!  Ü

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so I have wanted a family closet too - but at least I have a laundry room with lots of hanging racks so I can at least sort things. If I were to do one, I would make my laundry room bigger and have it in there - and have my laundry room attached to the bathroom. So really, the only time the clothes would leave that area is if someone was wearing them. Take them off to shower, throw them in the hamper, wash them, hang them, put them on. :)

    And did I ever offer to do egg noodles with you? If I did and forgot . . . I'm so sorry!! I know I offered my cousin in law and we haven't done it yet. If I haven't offered - please come over and we'll make some! (I'm not a pro at it yet, but they are edible!) We can even go out to the shed and gather fresh eggs to make them. Can't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not currently have a family closet but we had one a few years ago. I loved it. Eddie even made me a table to fold laundry on. So the clothes went from the dryer to the table and then put away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think you should put the girls in the guest room and the family closet in the girls' present room. Then you could put guest in your den, or even better, put the guests in the girls room and have the girls sleep in the den while guests are there.

    I think you have a great set up for a family closet. Enjoy the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been on your blog in a long time obviously. I am just reading about the family closet. Do did you end up doing it? If not, are you going to do it by Thanksgiving. You know we can sleep anywhere when we visit. I agree, the girl's room would work perfectly. Did you learn how to make the egg noddles yet?
    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

I love commentors!!